• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Longdeck vs Bowrider, and Pulsare 2000 vs 2100?

Riley7

Still trying to narrow my choices down on what I'd like to run for a demo hull, and I've got a couple of questions for some of you more experienced Checkmate outboard owners/dealers:

1. Performance wise, is there much difference in the long deck vs a bowrider? I understand that if the bowrider has a tonneau cover over the front seating area the boats will perform almost identically. I like the looks of a longdeck, but the extra seating of the bowrider is also attractive.

2. For those of you that have had the opporunity to run both the 2000 and the 2100, what are your honest feelings about the 2 hulls? I understand the 2000 is a newer design and will probably run 2-3 mph faster under equal power, but the 2100 seems to appear a bit sleeker and more "finished" than the 2000.

I'm looking for input from owners and dealers that have experience with both hulls, as well as experience running a longdeck vs bowrider on identical hulls. Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Hey Riley7, the long deck is slightly faster than the open bow with a cover due to the extra weight of the bow rider and wind resistance flowing over the cover...but that may not be enough to justify the extra seating capacity of the open bow if the extra seating is needed. The long deck does look much better and you could even overnight in the play pen. There is quite a bit of room down below. The 2100 has the flare molded into the sides of the boat...cool mold work whereas the 2000 has flat sides. The 2100 is also longer than the 2000.

2100 vs 2000

I just purchased a new 2000br. So far, it is not as fast as my 2100 was with the same engine. By that I mean that I took the motor off of my 2100 and put it on the 2000br. The 2100 was a long deck. In all fairness to the 2000, I haven't had a chance to tweak the set up yet. I just bolted the motor on with the same amount of set back and the engine height. On the plus side, the 2000br for some reason rides better than the 2100. Go figure! boatman

Boatman, is that speed loss because of lack of bow cover? I know a bow cover made 4 mph difference on my Pulsare.

As far as 2100BR versuse 2100LD weights, the Bow Rider acutally weighs LESS than the Long Deck by 25 lbs according to the factory. The fiberglass deck weighs more than the seat bases and cushions in the bow rider.

JW said:
Boatman, is that speed loss because of lack of bow cover? I know a bow cover made 4 mph difference on my Pulsare.

As far as 2100BR versuse 2100LD weights, the Bow Rider acutally weighs LESS than the Long Deck by 25 lbs according to the factory. The fiberglass deck weighs more than the seat bases and cushions in the bow rider.
That's surprising! I would think that the extra seat bases,hardware, backrests, cushions,etc would weigh more than a balsa cored flat deck!
Another important factor to the speed of the bowrider would be making sure the center windshied section is installed along with the bow cover to keep the wind turbulance down in the cockpit.

Another important factor to the speed of the bowrider would be making sure the center windshied section is installed along with the bow cover to keep the wind turbulance down in the cockpit.[/quote]

I made that mistake ! I was pulling lifevests, towels, rugs, and pretty much anything that wasn't fastened down out of the lake when I made a few speed passes:bigthumb: ooops !

I've run the 2100 longdeck and bowrider. Both have new 225 Opti's on them. the longdeck runs 74 on GPS. The bowrider ran 74.9. The bowrider had no cover up front. Both had 26" Trophy props. I also have a 20ft longdeck. It runs as fast as the 21's, but with a 200 Opti. It ran 78.7 with a 225X. The 21 has quite a bit more room inside and looks longer, but I really like the 20 with the flames.

Attachments

• 21 on shore bimini top.jpg
    21 on shore bimini top.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20ft flame aired out.jpg
    20ft flame aired out.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 77
Cool!

Finally a side by side comparison! Thanks Wildman. :thumb:

You said the 2100 has LOTS more room inside? Is it width or length or both inside? I had guessed the 2000 would have the same room as the 2100 since the 2000 is a new design, and I felt the 2100 had some wasted space.

It seems that the 2100 has more cockpit room between the front and back seats. I'll measure it today. The 20 is 6" wider on the outside, but it's all in the gunnels. That makes no difference inside. The sides just slope into the running surface sharper. The bottom is no wider either.
I'm getting two 2007 21's in a couple weeks. They will be the first of the new retooled 21's. The changed the back end of the top deck. The cockpit has 5" more room, the back seat is now squared off like the 20 with speakers and drink holders in the sides, and the top of the rear has the non skid texture like the 20. Here's a pic of the non-skid. This is an orange and black one I'm getting built now.

Attachments

• Orange 21 side rear.jpg
    Orange 21 side rear.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 63
  • New 2007 2100 rear nonskid.jpg
    New 2007 2100 rear nonskid.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 81
WOW!

OOhhh, that is MOST AWESOME!! What a great color combo! I never thought of that. And the re-design looks to be all positive! NICE! Can't wait till you get the hulls in and give us a review. :surf:

What do you think the 2000 has an advantage over the 2100 besides a few mph top end? Nothing else? And can you tell what is so different between the 2100 and 2000 that makes it that much faster? I can't think 1' of length would do it, is there differences in the bottom too?

I don't know why it's faster. Maybe just the 200 lb difference. I just measured the cockpits on the 20 and the 2006 21. They're both 64" wide. From the dash to the front of the back seat, the 20 is 47" and the old style 21 is 52".
The 20 has the smooth sides and deck, which make more graphic designs possible. The body lines on the 21 kinda limit the graphics.
The new rear on the 21 will also have the ladder that comes over the top like the 20. That will make the wife happy.
When I get a chance, I'm still gonna mount one of my 300x's on the 20 to see what it's capable of.

I thought the 2100 and 2000 in essence have the same bottom from the chine down. difference is width from the chine up and deck I was led to believe. That stated, I thought the 2100 handles a 300 Pro XS for instance where Max Hp on the 2000 is at 250 hp? Can someone straighten me out?

Back