• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Member and trying to identify my boat

DougA

Hello from Champaign Illinois and very glad to be aboard!

I have a 1971, 18ft, Checkmate that I can't identify and would like some help figuring out the model!

The boat has been well cared for over the years and has a gold over black metalflake that draws a lot of comments. It carries a 1971 135 Merc and from reading other posts, it looks like I have some of the same prop issues other owners have.

We certainly enjoy our Checkmate and look forward to being an active part of these forums!

(There is a picture of my checkmate in my profile and I'll upload a larger copy tomorrow).

Hi Doug and:welcome:
I looked at the pic but I am not sure what mate you have. The larger pic will be a big help. You can call Checkmate and give them the hull ID number and they can tell you exactly what it is.
Fred

Thanks Fred! I'll post the larger photo tomorrow. I just took a look at the excellent section with the old brochures and my boat looks like an MX-18 from 1971.

Thanks again for the welcome! Now I need to find out how to set up my motor, (trim etc.)

Doug

MX18 that sounds right. I found an MX16 for sale just the other day. It's only a few blocks from my house. Told him about the site, hope he logs on and sells it to a Checkmate fan :thumb:

Welcome to the site you got to love them old school colors. Your boat colors look like my jetmate colors

:bigthumb:

Attachments

• February07.jpg
    February07.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 20
Thanks Guys! Appreciate the kind words.

Yeh, we like those colors. My son plays football at DePauw University in Indiana and their colors are Gold and Black.

Doug

Back