• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

It's official, I'm won't be a trailer boater next season!!

CheckmateFever

After several years of looking, my parents found a great little cottage up on Keuka Lake (part of the NY Finger Lakes for those who don't know). They just had the closing on the place Friday. So i will be keepin my Enchanter at their place all summer as it has a nice dock and an electric boat lift too!! I'm pretty excited about it, i grew up spending my summers on Kueka Lake when my parents had our old cottage up there, thats where i got my first taste of Checkmate when i got a ride in an Enchanter I/O when i was just 12 years old...that particular boat is still on the lake and i can't wait to run into him again with my Enchanter. Unfortionatly we had to sell that place when i was a senior in high school, it's been almost 10 years now and i'm lookin foward to gettin back into the lake living lifestyle!! It'll be nice not to have to trailer back and forth to the lake every time i want to use the boat, i'll admit by the end of the season i'm ready to put the boat away, it can be a pain. Anyways, Checkmate is a popular boat on Keuka, if anyone on here runs Keuka regularly get ahold of me this summer and we'll go for a ride together!! :cheers

Thats awesome man, I grew up in rochester and spent a lot of summers camping at the state park there going out on my dads boat, Got a buddy whos parents have a place just south of the knotty pine on the branchport side of the lake and we go there almost every fourth of july. Not sure when Ill get the enticer out there, but def planning on it sometime. maybe if I get some time off next summer and can afford the gas to trailer her across a few states.

i've been very lucky my grandfather bought our cottage when property was cheap. could never dream of owning that property now. this is a shot off the deck at sunset, july 2007

Attachments

• HPIM0324.jpg
    HPIM0324.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 8
trailer boating 's not so bad options are endless as far as change of scenery ! my families place is in alpena,mi. 270mi. one way !:( plus i dont have a hoist so when it gets to rough on thunder bay we pull the boats anyway ,maybe hit the inland lakes ! its a wash i guess ,but all good fun :cheers congrats on the place

Congratulations on the place. This has been (and still is) a life-long wish of mine. Maybe someday, but in the meantime I'll continue to trailer but hope you enjoy yours :)

Thanks everyone, i can't wait to get some good pics of the place with the Enchanter in front it! Chris E, thats a beautiful shot man!! Unfortionatly we have the whole winter to wait before we can use the place, it's gonna be a long winter! True, trailer boating isn't all bad as long as you don't have a long trip every weekend, it usually takes me about a half hour or so to get to the luanch ramp (Seneca Lake) from my house, but having to pay close attention to the weather is what bothers me...gettin stuck out on the lake in a thunder storm trying to get the boat back on the trailer after a ruined day sucks! I will miss havin the freedom to head out to any of the lakes around here on any givin weekend, but i may pull the boat a coule times to head over to Seneca Lake for the two Poker Run events held on the lake. Hey Merry X-Mas everyone!!

Congrats! We enjoy our lakefront every night after work. Jump on the old hillbilly pontoon and take a cruise around to unwind. :surf:

Back