• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

jack plate

I loosened the side bolts and if I turn on the bottom it lowers the bracket but if I turn on the top side it just seems to lock solid on the bracket.

You should have a two nuts that lock against each other on the middle bolt. Loosen both of them then try one or the other. Another thing you can do is lower the tongue jack down, put a wooden block underneath the skeg to support some of the weight of the motor. Don't put alot of weight on the skeg becuase you'll snap it, but enough to help raise the motor.

I had to do mine this way because I had the same problem as you. Hope this helps. Maybe someone else has a better solution but that's the only way i could raise my motor w/ that JP.

I called the company and found out that I need two nuts locked and I only have one so hopefully I can switch a nut and get it raised.

That makes sense. Does your JP look like mine, if so i've got two nuts on the middle bolt.

Barney,
Here are some pictures of my JP before the install, are you missing one of the nuts on the bolt in the middle?

Attachments

• 2006256112240600718_rs[1].jpg
    2006256112240600718_rs[1].jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 2006273825840400802_rs[1].jpg
    2006273825840400802_rs[1].jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 13
Back