• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Twin engine Pulse 2400- When?

I agree w/ Wman, a dual OB 2400 would have a COOL factor to it and be very fast in a straight line!

But that being said it would probably have several negative factors.
-You would have around 90K in the rig and would never get even close to that back out of it. It would also be hard to sell.

-W/ dual 3.0L Mercs, I don't think the boat would be a very balanced boat at all. Most of the 21' dual OB Superboats had 2.0L/ 2.4s rigged on them. I do know of a dual 23' Enforcer w/ 2.4s.

-With a curved transom on the 2400, you would have to have a special setback fabricated to mount up to it.

It would be a fun project though.......

This is the OB knees that Checkmate added to my boat.

PS- HAPPY BIRTHDAY Wman!

Attachments

• MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 42
The notch doesn't seem to hurt its performance for watersports. I can hold on plane at 16-17 on the gps when towing the kids on the wakeboard. It still pulls me right up on my slalom with double high-wraps.
I don't think the notch makes much difference either way with my setup because the 225 just isn't pushing the hull anywhere near its limits. It probably would have a more noticeable impact if I had a 300 on it and was trying to squeeze every mph out of it, where the more setback the better. I certainly agree with you on the issue of stressing the transom, so from that standpoint getting the notch would make sense. With or without it they are really great boats, we love the ride and the extra room.

That is great that you can plane that slow with the notch. I was concerned about that since you use it to ski.

I think the 2400 is a great hull, but I don't know if twin 3.0 litres work on it. Without a doubt the fuel tank should be moved foward some if so. It is a narrow 24.

Wasn't one rigged with a 275 Verado and the weight made it a poor match, or am I imagining this? I think Ocean OB had it rigged.

The Vrod weighs around 650 or so, right?

If the weight was not a problem, a 400 Verado (when produced) may be a good setup for this boat, if you can get enough prop on it.

One of the first 2400s we built had a beefed up transom for twins. Don't know if it ever got them. It was the only one we ever did.

Was the splash well the same, just a stronger transom to mount twin jackplates? I can't envision how this would look/work.

I'd love to have a 2400 with no well at all and a bunch of setback...and a 300-350. :thumb:

Actually, looking at my avatar, I realize how level the boat sits with a 3 litre. Maybe twins would be ok. :cheers:

I am surprised a 2400 was built with a reinforced transom but the factory never tested one with twins. That just seems unamerican not to toss another motor on to see how it runs.

Maybe I can find another 225 Pro XS. I'd love to have 2 of them on my boat. :D

I'm getting a pair of 15" 2006 200xs 2.5 motors with Sportmasters tommorrow. 15" would work on a 24 with twins because they would sit higher.

I was with a racer today who has been helping me fine tune my 280 who has one of the new 2.5 racing 200 Opti's in his semi hooked to a Formula 1. He's been testing it for Mercury this season before it's been available publicly. Says it's actually putting out closer to 240 HP and is HIGHLY reliable. Course he's still waiting on a Champ version (more like 340 HP), but not holding his breath as no one is spending any money on development right now.

There has been quite the buzz about those motors on S&F, looking forward to seeing one on a Checkmate.

Are they availbable to just anyone?

I am surprised a 2400 was built with a reinforced transom but the factory never tested one with twins. That just seems unamerican not to toss another motor on to see how it runs.

gwcpa....you hit that nail on the head. That seems to defy good, sound, speed freak logic not to try at least one.......

Here is a pix of a dual OB Enforcer. I also know of a guy in IL that has one also w/ OMCs.

Attachments

• Enforcer.jpg
    Enforcer.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 66
Before I did this -- I would buy a 27 progression, it is tested and seasoned for this application, it will probally cost you an additional 30 to 35 percent bit the boat is a proven 100+ mile an hour. They have been at it for a long time with there 27 and 29 models.

Progressions are nice boats (and fast). They are great off-shore as well!

BUT...to me they look like a flashback to the 80's. The graphics, interiors, everything... I guess they are prooven, so why change something that ain't broke.

I like change.

**Clarification** my previous statement has absolutely nothing to do with my political views

HD

I'll bump this back up... the o/b vs i/o thread got me thinking bout this one.

I ain't got any money right now- school will do that to ya.

I posted this somewhere else, but my enforcer was a special order from the factory to handle twins. The transom was over 2" thick were the gil brackets mounted. When I tore apart the transom you could see were the mounting bracket holes for twin OB's use to be. I'm guessing twin 200hp mercs was on the mate. I'll have to scan the original paperwork I got from Mike @Checkmate and post it.

I'll bump this back up... the o/b vs i/o thread got me thinking bout this one.

I ain't got any money right now- school will do that to ya.

At one point I was told that Checkmate was researching an I/O version of the 2400. :drool:

I guess the economy took care of that for us.:sick:

HD

At one point I was told that Checkmate was researching an I/O version of the 2400. :drool:

I guess the economy took care of that for us.:sick:

HD
Man, that would be cool! I also think that a 2100 i/o would be really neat- as long as it could be had with a bb. Probably be expensive due to drive costs... wonder how much more it would end up costing compared to the o/b boats with motos?

Cmpulse- I must have missed that post. Did you build the transom back to the original thickness? Sounds like it was a tank!

Cmpulse- I must have missed that post. Did you build the transom back to the original thickness? Sounds like it was a tank![/QUOTE]

I built a 2" thick transom w/ 1.5" knee braces from top of the transom down to the hull and tied into the stringers. You can see it on floor resto I just finished.

I went back and looked at the thread... I never realized it was that beefy. I remembered the knees being big, forgot about the transom.

Back