• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Need more room under hatch

Ahh....I see now what we are working with here.....yea, those pics I sent you....I think that idea would work and not look like crap

Yea, a design like that will look good:bigthumb:. Wasn't sure what would come out of it with raising it up and all. The fiberglass is not that hard to do at all. A little time and patience and you should be able to do it yourself.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't like the scoops on those boats, but I do like the hatches built up. I know that you've seen these, but here are some of the 21s. Might want to check with Coop about somthing like this?

I guess I like more of a sleeper look... I figure the scoop screams "hey this is a fast boat". I'd prefer to suprise people- which by the sounds of it is exactly what the Senator will do!

thanks ndaniels!!

that might be what i need to do

Whats the bottom look like??
is that whole thing just thin fiberglass, or does it have cross-bracing??

Its fairly thick on the sides, but the hump isn't as thick- no bracing... I'll run out and get some more showing the underside of the hatch for ya. I'll get them up in a few (charging the camera batt) I'd think yours wouldn't be terrible because its just the hatch- no seatback like the 21.

Buss, you need to build a frame using 1x1" boards. Build and shape it to the specs you need and so it lifts just like you have now. Then wrap it in felt and soak it in resin. Once it cures, you can scuff and add some layers of mat and finish it with a light filler. Add a couple layers of mat on the inside framework and you are set.

I would wrap the outside in vinyl so you wouldnt have to worry about busting up the paint. :bigthumb:

PS I have a large roll of heavy mat that could be available.

The top is the same thickness as the sides, it feels like. The verticle parts of the hump are fairly thin. It gives 5.5" clearance right at edge of the step up.

Attachments

• IMG_1427.jpg
    IMG_1427.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1428.jpg
    IMG_1428.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1429.jpg
    IMG_1429.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back