• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2800 SX Lake Okeechobee run!

JUPITER PULSARE

Sure feels great to be back on the water after 2+ months of selling our house, packing, buying our new house, unpacking and settling in! We were long over due on boating so we got a small crew together to run from Stuart to Clewiston' s Roland Martin ' s Tiki bar across Lake Okeechobee! Weather was stunning with just a 6" surface chop on the water!

Attachments

• 20140914_111959.jpg
    20140914_111959.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20140914_121644.jpg
    20140914_121644.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20140914_125317.jpg
    20140914_125317.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 60
The ride home from Clewiston to Lock Park in Stuart was quite the adventure! Completely opposite of our beautiful, sunny ride across Lake Okeechobee. After lunch at Roland Martins we noticed the gray sky's moving in from the NW. The winds began blowing west to east straight across the lake as a storm front was steam rolling over Lake Okeechobee. We packed up and took the rim canal for some protection until it ends...then the lake turned into a 2-4' washing machine! The big 2800 just blasted through everything! We did get a few misty ones to the face! Can't say the same about the rest of my friends in their STV's, Lake and Bay, etc. They got the snott beat out of them and we're soaking wet...however, my dryness didn't last for long. Just as I entered the lock to head the 26 miles back to the ramp, the storm attacked with a fury! Howling winds, rain, lighting and thunder. I put my wife in the cabin and hauled azz! The rain drops stung like bees! We were soaked! I checked my GPS speed and it read 68mph. Not to shabby for 90 degree weather, a couple old fishing motors and 600 lbs of gas!!

Sure feels great to be back on the water after 2+ months of selling our house, packing, buying our new house, unpacking and settling in! We were long over due on boating so we got a small crew together to run from Stuart to Clewiston' s Roland Martin ' s Tiki bar across Lake Okeechobee! Weather was stunning with just a 6" surface chop on the water!

Congrats on the new house. Always wanted a home in the "pines" myself, with all that space, privacy, etc. Boat has come along nicely too.

Back