• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

90 degrees and 90 gallons of gas

JUPITER PULSARE

The view from Wednesday’s office! Decided to treat myself to a boat ride after having a root canal done! I put in 90 gallons of gas and ran in 90 degree weather in my local intercoastal waterway. Saw just shy of 74 on the GPS in flat stickey water turning my Bravo One FS 28 props at 6000rpm on the box! I was going to make another pass but the Marine Patrol showed up to spoil my fun!! It's always good to keep them on your good side when you run a high performance boat! I could probably spin a 29 or 30 and raise the motors for more speed! 74 mph in a 28’ Boat with stock 250’s is pretty respectable!

Attachments

• DA951E20-D45A-41CB-B87D-F1572519AF4D.jpg
    DA951E20-D45A-41CB-B87D-F1572519AF4D.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 41
Can the Marine Patrol run that fast, I wonder. Is there a speed limit there too (frown).

Can the Marine Patrol run that fast, I wonder. Is there a speed limit there too (frown).

Jimway, we have a speed limit only in our Intercoastal Waterway of 25 MPH. There are many parts, once you hit St Lucie Inlet/Stuart/Port St Lucie area where it's wide open throttle. We also have the lock canal that leads to lake Okeechobee that is usually flat calm and wide open throttle! The Atlantic Ocean is easy access from where we boat also and you can run as fast as you want! I can usually find spots in the Intercoastal to open it up for a quick blast here and there...

Back