header logo

Go Back   Checkmate Community Boating Forums > Non Checkmate Discussion Forums > Open Boating Forum
Portal Home Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Open Boating Forum This is an open forum for all boating topics non Checkmate related. If you want to discuss your Hydrostream, Allison, bassboat, tinboat, jetski etc., then this would be the forum for you. You can also use this forum for discussing anything generally boating related and also for posting boating related announcements or notices.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Sponsors!
Google Search
Google
Latest Poll
August 2014's BOTM Nominations (Please Choose Two)
I nominate "jjg's" 2400 Pulsare!
I nominate "R/T Mike's" Senator!
I nominate "Cushman's" ZT 218!
I nominate "diesel30's" Convincor 303!
I nominate "atc250r's" Starliner!
Notices

Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums

Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
bigsbetter
Enforcer

bigsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutbigsbetter has a spectacular aura about
Model Owned: 251 Convincor, SeaRay 268 Sundancer

Default What's the difference in Fountains?

What is the difference in a Fountain Fever, Excecutioner, and Lightening? I thought the Fever's were the smaller ones, but I've seen them as large as 35 and 38 feet, so now I'm clueless....Any help???
bigsbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
ROLAND
Wannabe

ROLAND is on a distinguished road
Model Owned: 2008/2100 Pulsare 2012/300XS

Default Lightning vs. Fever

The Fevers came in 24,27,32,38 feet. They have no built in side foot walk ways. The original Lightning series { called the Executioner now} was 35 and 42 foot and had the traditional Fountain gills on the sides of the boat at the end of the side walk way. The new Lightning in 35, 42, 47 is more aerodynamic on the top deck and runs 4-5 mph faster than the executioner 35 and 42 with the same power plants. Slightly less cabin in the Lightning than than the Fevers at the cock pit width.
ROLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Big Red
Senator

Thanked 1,952 Times in 1,144 Posts
Big Red has a reputation beyond repute
Big Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond reputeBig Red has a reputation beyond repute
Model Owned: Floating Beer Keg

I also have noticed some boats used in the poker runs do not have a finished cabin or a cabin at all.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #4
ROLAND
Wannabe

ROLAND is on a distinguished road
Model Owned: 2008/2100 Pulsare 2012/300XS

The boats with out cabins are that way to save weight .The lighter the boat to horse power the faster it will move. The new boats are efficient with step bottom hulls, unless you have deep pockets it makes no sense to order a boat with out a cabin. They are hard to sell with out creature comforts. Built in A/C is nice after a long day on the water, like a floating hotel.
ROLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links