• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New tow unit

john lamon

I finally got back into a truck :banana: been a mini van or Ford Flex driver since 09 when I sold my 97' F150, no more loser cruiser for this guy, kids are getting older and wife is done running a day care out of the house so we don't need the 8 passenger anymore.

Got a new 14' F150 5.0 XLT with the XTR package, didn't want nothing too fancy,few options are the tow package, back up camera, skid plates, off road package, brake controller in dash, spray in liner, remote start.

I really liked the loaded ones with leather but they are pricy and I like that this truck has the flip up console for an extra person in the front.

Getting a bug deflector, mud flaps, and a Truxedo box cover put on before I pick it up, Got a really good deal through work and they gave me a good price for my trade but the Ford dealership my company owns is 100 miles away so I haven't seen it in person yet and I'll have to wait for them to bring it monday or tuesday when the accessories are done, They are driving it to my work and taking the Flex then.

Wifes got a few brand new cars before but this is my first brand new one, pumped I don't have to borrow Dads ecoboost now every time I need to haul the boat or quads, I've always had a truck except the last 5 years and it's been brutal not having one, be interesting to see how it compares to the ecoboost, I've towed a lot with it.

heres some crappy pics they sent me, I'll post some better ones once I get it home.

image_zps6d4a37b4.jpg

image_zpsae109ed1.jpg

image_zps8c84a28f.jpg

image_zps167fab71.jpg

image_zps6649a06a.jpg

Congrats John. :)

They've got some really good deals right now on trucks.

It should be interesting to see how the 2015 F150 effects the marketplace.

-Chris

Very nice!! Ford did a nice job on that grill design. And you've chosen the fastest colour.

Congrats. And enjoy!

I suspect there is a significant difference between factory spray in bed liner and Linex or Rhinoliner. Although good, I don't think the factory stuff is quite as durable as the brand names. At least this is what I'm seeing with my 2014 Ram with factory liner and the Ford F250 I had with Linex liner.

Again, congrats and enjoy.

Nice looking truck John! I just took delivery of my 14 FX4 Ecoboost yesterday. They are nice trucks and with the incentives we have on them right now it made it economical! Still not the smartest thing i have done this year but gotta keep the boss happy and she likes it so theres a start!

Little update, I did think I was getting a box liner with it but wires got crossed somewhere dealing over the phone and it didn't have one, so I cheaped out for now and just got a bed mat, found it in one of our suppliers books for $90.00 so went and picked it up just to keep things from sliding around.

image_zps0c1c2fa9.jpg

I hauled some concrete blocks out to the lake last weekend and a shed taken apart in my one trailer, 1700 lbs in the bed, over loaded a little I know but it didn't squat too bad, I can already tell that the ecoboost does way better with a load than this 5.0, but it's still decent.

image_zpsee0030c8.jpg

Got the dealers plate off the front and added some personality to it with my ATV club plate.

image_zpsd9320110.jpg

And I've been just enjoying having a truck again, really missed it the last 5 years, out hauling some stuff on Sunday, couch to the dump for my parents.

image_zps4d2da415.jpg

And I picked up a dead John deere snowblower for free that I'm going to replace a few parts on and get running to sell, sure makes it easy with a truck!

image_zpsd0b7dbe8.jpg

Loaded one of the quads just to see how it would ride, nice not having to tow a trailer if it's just me going.

image_zps85130f80.jpg

image_zpsb7972ee2.jpg

Really like it so far but kinda wish I woulda went for the ecoboost, I hauled a 26 ft enclosed trailer from work the other day and going up hills there is no comparison, the eco would absolutely destroy it, still happy with it tho and hopefully I won't have any long term problems that I might get with the eco, 1100 miles on it now, I need to quit driving it so much lol.

I used to have a truck a long time ago albeit it was a small 4-cyl truck and everyone always wanted me to help them move their crap all the time. I sold it and bought a motor cycle, that solved that problem. :D

I just recently in the last year have a truck again and feel the same as you described. So nice to just throw crap in the back. I'm loving it.

Back