• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Splurging on the Ram

Sam I am

So, I am buying my company vehicle and decided I'm putting some money into it to make it mine. Bought a new Leer topper, used Decked Storage system, Putco LED Blade, Thule Rack for the topper. I also bought a OEM ECU and sent it into Green Diesel Engineering that has a really mild tune, but turns/tunes off the EGR valve, which is death on diesels. Improves the mileage, smooths out the the already smooth shifting, provides a high idle, and an engine brake. Also ordered Bilstein 5100's for all four corners that will be adjustable in the front and will level off the truck to eliminate the factory rake. Mileage will take a hit, but oh well...my highway days are done with it and it will be my workin' and huntin' vehicle. I am a little miffed my wife said: "Nice old man topper..."

FCB1BFDB-8C0E-4963-9C2F-5D4D543A8523_zpshvc975tt.jpg

190B0B76-9E16-46FB-BD58-CD5C5C7E8D29_zpswbiznqpd.jpg

972873FA-58E7-46FD-A1D9-9A8645D2E3CD_zpsrkkcotqa.jpg

They'll be around all week ... (I love it). With age comes experience, knowledge, and wisdom. "Old age (and, for the most part, treachery) will out do youth and exuberance, every time" Truck is nice.

Back