• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2020 2400 Pulsare BRX

Thanks for pointing that out, you are absolutely correct, and even my 2020 Pulsare 2400 long deck has a full liner at least up to the cabin entrance. I was going to give Dean some penetrating epoxy that I wanted him to use on the bolt holes for the jack plate when mine was being built, before they applied the 4200 or 5200 sealant, and Dean said that they use mixed resin to coat the wood in the drilled holes and then use the sealant on all the holes and bolts. I have never ever seen 1 drop of water in my bilge. It has stayed as dry as a bone. First boat I owned that ever did that. Of course it is totally covered under the roof of a covered dock but at least water has never leaked nor run into the bilge.

The only reservation I have is wood instead of composite material. Like the boat a lot.

There is zero problem with wood in a boat if you keep it dry. My 1992 186 Pulse is rock solid but it was always stored inside. All the previous owners (3) didn't even allow the interior to get very wet even when the boat was being used so even that looks new.

A boat with no wood can still have problems if it is always wet, composite construction is not a panacea. To pass on an obviously well cared for, basically new boat because it has wood in it is silly.

There was a time boats were all wood and some are still around, crazy.

Reactions: SCT
I have posted a 2020 Checkmate Pulsare 2400 BRX with a 300R and you can read the ad and see the photos in page 1 of this thread. I am not sure how to edit my ad, but I spoke with the sellers and they want to move this boat since Tom has passed away. They have reduced the price of the 2400 BRX / 300R and trailer to $68,500, and will negotiate.

Collector’s item for sale:

2020 Checkmate 2400 Pulsare BRX. This was the last boat built by the original Checkmate factory in Bucyrus, Ohio. The boat is pristine, always stored indoors and never left in the water. Fresh water use only. Approximately 10 hours of use on the awesome Mercury 300R outboard. Engine under warranty until approximately March 2023. Warranty can be extended at least 3 years. Snap in bow cover and cockpit cover. Custom Aqua Traction flooring (similar to SeaDek). Chart plotter with GPS. Livorsi Vantage view gauges with GPS speedometer, and matching blue anodized gauge bezels. Windaway removeable wind deflectors. Marine radio. Aluminum Danforth style anchor. Atlas hydraulic jack plate with 10” of set back. Mercury Racing 24P Bravo FS prop. Mercury hydraulic steering. Custom Phoenix trailer built for the Checkmate with mag wheels and swing tongue. A similar boat new with trailer lists for around $90K and your wait time is around 1.5 years. This is not only an outstanding brand new boat, it is a collector’s item. The boat is located in Niles, MI and available immediately. Asking $73,500.
My 2400 Pulsare was the 2nd last boat built in Bucyrus and Tom and I became good friends, but sadly he passed away last week. I am selling his boat for his family. If you send me a private conversation with your e-mail I will send you pictures or answer further questions.
THE SELLER'S HAVE REDUCED THE PRICE TO $68,500 NEGOTIABLE!! That is a deal!

It is a deal, I wish the Canadian dollar was in better shape, like when I bought my current boat 6 years ago.

2020 Checkmate 2400 Pulsare BRX. This was the last boat built by the original Checkmate factory in Bucyrus, Ohio. The boat is pristine, always stored indoors and never left in the water. Fresh water use only. Approximately 10 hours of use on the awesome Mercury 300R outboard. Engine under warranty until approximately March 2023. Warranty can be extended at least 3 years. Snap in bow cover and cockpit cover. Custom Aqua Traction flooring (similar to SeaDek). Chart plotter with GPS. Livorsi Vantage view gauges with GPS speedometer, and matching blue anodized gauge bezels. Windaway removeable wind deflectors. Marine radio. Aluminum Danforth style anchor. Atlas hydraulic jack plate with 10” of set back. Mercury Racing 24P Bravo FS prop. Mercury hydraulic steering. Custom Phoenix trailer built for the Checkmate with mag wheels and swing tongue. A similar boat new with trailer lists for around $90K and your wait time is around 1.5 years. This is not only an outstanding brand new boat, it is a collector’s item. The boat is located in Niles, MI and available immediately. Asking $73,500.
My 2400 Pulsare was the 2nd last boat built in Bucyrus and Tom and I became good friends, but sadly he passed away last week. I am selling his boat for his family. If you send me a private conversation with your e-mail I will send you pictures or answer further questions.

The 2020 BRX 2400 with the 300R has been SOLD!!

To whom ever bought this i will buy it from you.

Glenn i would appreciate that very much. I have my eye on another one but I'd really like a blue hull. I figured I'd take one last look around before I commit.

Glenn i would appreciate that very much. I have my eye on another one but I'd really like a blue hull. I figured I'd take one last look around before I commit.
I sent him an e-mail a few days ago but he has not replied so perhaps he is not interested or his e-mail address has changed? It sounds like you want to purchase one soon and the current Caldwell Checkmates have been in limbo for over a year. I have a 2020 closed deck 2400 with a 300R and will likely sell it 2 - 3 years from now.

I know someone that will buy that closed deck hands down.
Thanks, I hope they are still interested in about 2 - 3 years from now. If my wife or I had health issues before then it might be sold sooner, but the 300R is under warranty until Nov 2025, so I will likely sell it sometime in 2024 so that the new buyer still has at least 1 year warranty on the engine. Has run 76 mph with a 24 ProMax prop and might run 77 mph if I was in the boat alone. Spends 98% of its time at 3000 rpm cruising down the lake or idling in coves.

Thanks, I hope they are still interested in about 2 - 3 years from now. If my wife or I had health issues before then it might be sold sooner, but the 300R is under warranty until Nov 2025, so I will likely sell it sometime in 2024 so that the new buyer still has at least 1 year warranty on the engine. Has run 76 mph with a 24 ProMax prop and might run 77 mph if I was in the boat alone. Spends 98% of its time at 3000 rpm cruising down the lake or idling in coves.
I might add that this was the last closed deck 2400 built in Bucyrus, Ohio and the 2nd last boat the original Checkmate factory built. The blue 2400 BRX I posted for sale was the last boat built at the Bucyrus facility.

I'm pretty new to this forum, ive had the same 19'exciter for the past 23 years and after being blown up in 2014, massive heart attack in 2018, and loss of a few fingers in 2019. Im at the point you only live once and at 48years old I believe I have at least another 20 years ahead of me so I want to upgrade while I can still enjoy it with my daughter. Not sure how to exchange info privately but that would be great if we could.

I'm pretty new to this forum, ive had the same 19'exciter for the past 23 years and after being blown up in 2014, massive heart attack in 2018, and loss of a few fingers in 2019. Im at the point you only live once and at 48years old I believe I have at least another 20 years ahead of me so I want to upgrade while I can still enjoy it with my daughter. Not sure how to exchange info privately but that would be great if we could.
Go to the top right of the page on this forum and you will see your name. Beside your name is an icon that looks like the back of an envelope. Click on that to start a conversation and you should see what i sent you. You can enter my name and send me one or just respond to the one I sent you.

The gentleman that bought Tom's 2020 BRX, just replied to my e-mail today and said the blue BRX / 300R is not for sale at this time.

At $68k that was a great price! Kinda a neat piece of history since it’s the last boat built out of Ohio.

Back