• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Ladder Manufacturer for 2006 Pulsare 2000 BR? Need new spring...

xsv spd

Hoping someone can help me source out a replacement spring for my Pulsare's ladder. I contacted Caldwell some time ago but as I can see they are 'unavailable'. One of the four springs broke last summer when one of my watersports enthusiasts forgot to fold the ladder up after boarding. Here is a picture... Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist!2006 Pulsare 2000 BR Ladder Spring.jpg

Have you tried a well stocked hardware store, that doesn't look like that hard of a spring to fab/come up with??? Good luck

I've tried a specialty fastener supply store. Nothing there. Stainless stee in a specific length diameter and gauge is surprisingly hard to find. Probably easier to just order from the ladder manufacturer. Might cost more but it will be the correct replacement. Thanks 😊

You have to search marine manufactures web sites and see who made them for Checkmate. GGschmitt, even great lakes skipper shop, I have been through this but always ended up finding the part I needed.

Multiple attempts with multiple suppliers and this is too time consuming for a silly spring...Lee Spring was the closest match. Short story here, the solution is two needle nose pliers and about 10 minutes of your time. Stretch out the broken part of the old spring and form a new loop. And done. Only certain people would notice one of the four ladder springs has 16 loops in it compared to the 3 others at 17 loops. Thanks for those who offered assistance.

Back