• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1980 Enchanter Transom Replacement

JLee91

Hey all,

Just got my new to me Enchanter in February. After setting the 2.4 merc back 12 inches and jacking it to the moon I'm starting to go from little hairline cracks to something more ominous at the top corners of the splashwell so it looks like I'll be learning how to replace a transom. From my research I've learned that it's best done from inside but I was hoping for some advice on how to go about it... Removing the top cap seems doable and I like the idea of saving my gel coat since it's in pretty good shape but I also have limited storage space/room to work. Cutting the last couple feet of the top cap off solves the storage space issue but I'm not to keen on repainting. If anyone can chime in with past experiences, advice, or photos of their transom jobs I'd be more than grateful.

Thanks for looking

Jon

Attachments

• 20220426_122657.jpg
    20220426_122657.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 19
Back