• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

454 MAG MPI Pro Charger upgrade

Very Interesting, What exhaust are you running or going to run. I run a 2000 24 ZT with the same mota except the previous owner was nice enough to install a set CMI E-top headers. I run 72 mph with a 25 mirage plus 4700/4800.

Would you mind if I hit you up for the hard numbers's$$$$ sometime Merc245

Ok pulled the trigger Kunkal Marine installing and rigging my Stiletto with a pro charger. Cant wait for spring!
Currently boat runs 69.9 MPH on GPS running 25 Mirage, 4900 RPM (Bravo 1 1.5). Started at 66.6 MPH with 24 Bravo 1 5150 RPM.

They are the best to work with. They rigged my Convincor last spring and are top notch. Extremely honest and knowledgeable. I can't say enough about the respect I have for them. You will be rockin the lake !!

Can't say enough for the guys at Kunkel's. Jason has been a wealth of knowledge and parts on my LS build. They also did the rigging on my Dad's Baja and it turned out awesome!!! You won't be disappointed!!!

Very Interesting, What exhaust are you running or going to run. I run a 2000 24 ZT with the same mota except the previous owner was nice enough to install a set CMI E-top headers. I run 72 mph with a 25 mirage plus 4700/4800.

Would you mind if I hit you up for the hard numbers's$$$$ sometime Merc245

Based from my prop testing a change to a 25P Mirage will get you an additional 200-300 RPM's with no other change. No problem on the $$$, his estimate was $8,300, will let you know when we are done.
Stock Merc Manifolds but asked Jason if changing to headers would help. Jason stated not necessary but would help. Looks like from your results 2-3 MPH. Not sure if Jason will be changing the head gaskets or not but I don't think so. Think the plan is to keep the boost down around 3 PSI to keep her reliable. I will continue to post as we go.

454 MAG MPI Pro Charger Upgrade

Okay made the 5 1/2 hour journey to Ohio yesterday and met with Jason Kunkel and dropped the boat off. The Pro Charger system was there on the floor just waiting for the boat. I cannot wait to have my CM put in the water and see her roar!
May have him add headers at the same time just depends upon the $$$. That may have to wait until next year we will see.
:drool:

Based from my prop testing a change to a 25P Mirage will get you an additional 200-300 RPM's with no other change. No problem on the $$$, his estimate was $8,300, will let you know when we are done.
Stock Merc Manifolds but asked Jason if changing to headers would help. Jason stated not necessary but would help. Looks like from your results 2-3 MPH. Not sure if Jason will be changing the head gaskets or not but I don't think so. Think the plan is to keep the boost down around 3 PSI to keep her reliable. I will continue to post as we go.

I will have a 25P Mirage for sale and a brand new never in water 27P Mirage for sale. I would think the 27P if you have it labbed would get you the same RPM's with a 3-5 MPH gain. If interested just let me know.

Are they Mirage or Mirage Plus?

Mirage. I created a detailed spreadsheet for prop testing.

27 pitch Mirage Plus
- 4400 RPM, 66 MPH GPS, 12% Slip

25 Pitch Mirage
- 4900 RPM, 69.9 MPH GPS, 10% Slip, boat came alive

The Mirage prop will turn 200-300 higher RPM then the Mirage Plus.

Are they Mirage or Mirage Plus?

Mirage. I created a detailed spreadsheet for prop testing.

27 pitch Mirage Plus
- 4400 RPM, 66 MPH GPS, 12% Slip

25 Pitch Mirage
- 4900 RPM, 69.9 MPH GPS, 10% Slip, boat came alive

The Mirage prop will turn 200-300 higher RPM then the Mirage Plus.

I use an app called SpeedTracker. I use it on both my boat and sand rail, the readout is like a big speedometer easy to read. Nice thing is most are free so if you don't like them delete it and try another.

More Pro Charger photos

Second view of the ProCharger and photo of the boat. Jason Kunkel's attention to detail is incredible.
The man knows his stuff.

Attachments

• ProCharger Install 16-April-16.jpg
    ProCharger Install 16-April-16.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4502.jpeg
    IMG_4502.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 91
The Stiletto is one of my all time favorite Checkmates, very sharp boat!!! Kunkels did my Dad's boat as well. They are top notch!!!

Check out the back view of the Stiletto

The rear of the Stiletto is beautiful. With the new ProCharger that is the view most will see!

Attachments

• IMG_4525.jpeg
    IMG_4525.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4508.jpeg
    IMG_4508.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4507.jpeg
    IMG_4507.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 88
Back