• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

454 Mercruiser will not hot start

DRS911

PLEASE HELP !! I Have a 1994 219 Persuader, Starts fine on cold start but after running her for awhile she will not re-start. She wants to, but will not. I've left the blower on, opened the hatch to cool of the engine compartment, but she still will not start. Vapor Lock ?? Coil, Distributor Cap, Rotor ?? Does anyone know how or what the issue is and how to correct it?? Thank you in advance

Investigate Mercury Marine Service Bulletin concerning vapor lock and 'winter grade' fuels. Alcohol, good in some ways (Southern Comfort), bad in others...

Gave up on it last year, dry docked it. Have a gearhead friend look at it and advised the block was cracked and mickey mouse repaired and concealed upon my purchase. Now im out trying to find a refurbished block to try and get it running. So pissed! looking for a decent place to get a refurbished block. ANY suggestions would be appreciated.

Gave up on it last year, dry docked it. Have a gearhead friend look at it and advised the block was cracked and mickey mouse repaired and concealed upon my purchase. Now im out trying to find a refurbished block to try and get it running. So pissed! looking for a decent place to get a refurbished block. ANY suggestions would be appreciated.

What model 454 exactly do you have? There were many iterations.....I'm guessing a 330 Hp carb?

Back