• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate Fanatics Worldwide Map!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Alrighty gang HAVE AT IT!
icon_biggrin.gif

Google have a mapping program called Frappr where we can all add our locations to a worldwide map. You can also load up a pic of yourself, boat or whatever. If you add a picture when you add your location to the map, your little picture will appear when you click on your little location marker.

So my advice is to get a pic ready on your desktop that you can attach to your location before you go.

There's no fee to mark your location. Just watch out for the little opt-in boxes when you sign in. You know the type, send me free stuff, join me to this deal.

Here's the link.

Checkmate Fanatics Worldwide Map

It's pretty kewl.

I saw that on Speedwake and thought I'd do a map for us.
thumb.gif

That is pretty cool Chris...I even found some new lakes in the area that i didnt even know existed. I created a profile but i see no icons next to my name on the fanatics map...I wonder if i did it right?

OK Coop, why is there a picture of my Michigan house in your Bucyrus Ohio profile!
xxrotflmao.gif

If every Checkmate owner knew of this, the map would be so loaded down with members you wouldn't be able to distinguish the balloons.......
thumb.gif

I can see your pic... Can anyone tell me how to move the ballon to where my house is??? i made a frapper account and already uploaded like 4 pics and moved the ballon to my street but when i Im on the fanatics map I dont have any Icons for mail, IMs etc... next to my name like some others do and my ballon marker is in a random spot...what did i do wrong???

You can also zoom in closer which makes it easier to see the tags that are close together.

I think you can create a username and then go in and enter your name into your profile. The tag will then be close to your exact location.

Sorry Matt! If ya zoom in a bit you show up! lol It must plot based on the center of the zipcode that you enter. You can zoom right in to the street view, but it has me plotted about 2 miles form my house. The satellite view is kinda cool!

Originally posted by wickedrister:
thumb.gif
That is way cool Chris !! Now all we need is all the members to log on. Love to see a marker in every state one day
thumb.gif
I think it'll be kewl when checki, Bubba and our Euro crew set a marker.

By the way we're up to 21 markers.
thumb.gif

Originally posted by Boston Predictor:
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but none of the markers are showing up when i load the map....
They seem to be ok for me. I'd like to see a few more markers on the map though!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back