• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate MX-14 For Sale

musikman

I have a Green Checkmate MX-14 that needs the center board replaced and totally redone, paint, interior, etc. The stern has been done already, but does need the braces inside replaced and the boat was sanded down years ago for prep. Unfortunately I had major service connected medical issues that caught up to me and it has sat. Now I'm thinking about selling it so someone fix it up the way it should be and enjoy it. It comes with the original Tach & 80 MPH Speedometer. The Hull is solid.This is a great project for someone that knows what they're doing. I have no idea what it's worth. Throw me a number. I want to put out on our lawn for sale, but I'm really hoping a real Checkmate person will buy it and do it justice. I just can't afford to. There was someone in Nobleboro, Maine that had a MX-13 he restored with a 115 Mercury at Pemaquid Pond I talked to 5 years ago. 85 MPH in a flash. It was amazing to watch. I love fast boats. My father used to race back when 1st place was a new pair of life jackets and very little money. You did it because you wanted to race! Thanks, Stan 100% Disabled Viet Nam Vet. musikman51@gmail.com

Attachments

• Checkmate Inside Stern Edited.jpg
    Checkmate Inside Stern Edited.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Checkmate Original Tach & Speedometer Edited.jpg
    Checkmate Original Tach & Speedometer Edited.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Checkmate Partial Inside Bow Edited.jpg
    Checkmate Partial Inside Bow Edited.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Checkmate Partial Left Front Underside #2 Edited.jpg
    Checkmate Partial Left Front Underside #2 Edited.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Checkmate Partial Right Front Underside Edited.jpg
    Checkmate Partial Right Front Underside Edited.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Checkmate Partial Tag & Switch Area Inside Bow Edited.jpg
    Checkmate Partial Tag & Switch Area Inside Bow Edited.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Checkmate Top View From  Stern Edited.jpg
    Checkmate Top View From Stern Edited.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Checkmate Partial Top View #2 Edited.jpg
    Checkmate Partial Top View #2 Edited.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 37
  • CheckmateTop View Edited.jpg
    CheckmateTop View Edited.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Checkmate Inside Stern #2 Edited.jpg
    Checkmate Inside Stern #2 Edited.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 39
Hi, I just got your email and yes it's still for sale. My wife and I are located in Waldoboro, Maine. I've had the boat boat for a long time and I've been hoping someone would spot it on the checkmate forum. If you're on their site you probably have more knowledge and interest in the boat and realize how rare these are. It's a perfect boat for restoration. I just don't have the money or the time. My wife and I are in our 70's and retired and a project like this isn't beyond my capabilities, but, I'm still trying to finish recordings that never got completed and that will take a long time to do. I So this needs to have some else to finish it. I have the original speedo & tach in great condition. The steering wheel I'm not sure of, but I don't know why it would get swapped out for a different one either. Call anytime and we'll talk. Thanks, Stan ( Disabled Viet Nam Vet ) (207) 790-1774

Back