• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Does a MCOB Twin Outboard Exist?

ChuckB

Looking for something like the 2800 OBX but with a mid cabin open bow. I noticed Sunsation had a MCOB but were IO's. It comes down to the fact that I have the fever for twin 300's and the only way my family might let me get away with it is if it has an open bow. My first choice would be the 2800 OBX but my kids love riding up front while cruising around. The mid cabin is also a nice benefit for weather and maybe wind reasons at 70+:)

I would figure the best performance to speed/weight would be a boat between 28 - 32 foot. If anyone has some ideas I would be very curious to see if this type of boat is out there...

Good question. I only know of them being center console set ups.
The center console setups are nice, like in the Nor-Tech's but just not my style. I'm sure if I went to a new boat dealer they would make anything for a price but I'm not in that fantasy land. The best would be a used boat but with newer power.

The center console setups are nice, like in the Nor-Tech's but just not my style. I'm sure if I went to a new boat dealer they would make anything for a price but I'm not in that fantasy land. The best would be a used boat but with newer power.

I have never seen a MCOB in anything other than IO but as you stated here i would be willing to bet the for a fee Checkmate would build you one! :cheers:

I have never seen one. the only checkmate MCOB is the 270BR. I think Sunsation offers an outboard version of their MCOB but you have to special order it. I would Find a 270BR that has a bad or no motor and convert it.

there is at least a path to crawl threw! That counts doesn't it!! :D

That DCB is freakin nice even if there isn't much of a mid cabin. The cats are great but would still stick with the v hull for rougher water. Although... I doubt that thing barely touches the water:eyecrazy:

I have never seen one. the only checkmate MCOB is the 270BR. I think Sunsation offers an outboard version of their MCOB but you have to special order it. I would Find a 270BR that has a bad or no motor and convert it.

Wow. I didn't know Checkmate had a MCOB option back then. Nice setup and if I find the right one maybe I'll consider going I/O:sssh: It would be difficult for me to justify switching an I/O to outboards due to the unused space. Where I boat I usually get into some shallow areas and it's been nice being able to lift the outboard totally out.

Back