• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Resto/Custom/Encapsulated Enticer

brian769

Restoring my 87 Enticer for the second (and last time) in 20 yrs!

The gelcoat is completely shot so new paint is the plan.

The rub-rail was falling off so i decided not to replace it and instead encapsulate the hull and deck together.

pics

whats the trick to upload pics?

Attachments

• IMG_2172.jpg
    IMG_2172.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2173.jpg
    IMG_2173.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2354.jpg
    IMG_2354.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 135
i would put a rub rail back on it. you can get some pretty nice looking ones these days. wouldn't drive my truck without bumpers so why?.......

Simply..... cause it's gonna look cool!!

I got the idea from all the race boats I've watched over the years... they are all incapsulated... seamless...

It took me probably 30 hrs to complete the job.

Filing in all the holes, low spots and the crack along the seam.

Then I glassed the hull and deck together with a high grade epoxy and thick fiberglass tape, 6 inch wide , more sanding, layers of epoxy resin to fill out low spots, more sanding, then used a low density epoxy fairing filler to fan out the low and wavy areas and sanded it to perfection.

Attachments

• IMG_2930.jpg
    IMG_2930.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2724.jpg
    IMG_2724.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2722.jpg
    IMG_2722.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 110
more encapsulation pics....
i still cant figure out how to post the larger size pics... anyone??

Attachments

• IMG_2931.jpg
    IMG_2931.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2957.jpg
    IMG_2957.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2977.jpg
    IMG_2977.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 100
I like the idea of no rub rail, looks nice and clean. Keep us posted on the progress.

Capping the hull is a big thing with west coast builders.......looks very very sleek and nice when done that way.

That is looking great! Can't wait to see it finished. I would cringe getting near anything with a capped boat like that and no rub rail. Good luck!

I agree with Chewbacca (gimme fuel)

I like the look and how sleek/finished everything will look, but it is nice to have the rub as a means of protection.

Either way, great work and it looks good so far:bigthumb:

Thanks guys for compliments and input!

Does anyone know who can make me Checkmate Decals?

I want em to look just like my old ones... only bigger.. since I don't have a rub-rail.., I wanna fill out the extra space.

Attachments

• IMG_2166.jpg
    IMG_2166.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 33
there are two ways to upload picture pictures

1. upload to photobucket or similar and then paste IMG link in the reply.

2. after you upload to the attachment manager you can click on the photo link and it will open the picture in a different window. right click on the picture, select copy, then paste it into the reply. (side note this one does not work with google chrome)

brian, from your first post i thought you were only considering this because your rub rail was falling off. i do like the look and it seems your off to a good start :thumb::thumb:

test pic

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7452&d=1349208532

Last edited:
test pic

IMG_2572.jpg

Back