• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Strippers......

SCT

Made you look......:devil:

Anyways, what's a good metal paint stripper? Bought a stripper tonight from Lowes that was absolutely worthless. I could have spit on the parts and removed more paint! Not sure what type of paint Mercury used back in 1970 (enamel?) put it is tough as nails.

So any suggestions for a strong automotive stripper (whose name is not Cinnamon)? Also, considering using a local mobile medium blaster guy I found on CL if he is reasonably priced.

Thanks-:cheers:

Last edited:
The aircraft stripper works well when used correctly, but is super nasty so make sure to wear your PPE and be in a well ventilated area. As far as media blasting goes, DONT use any soda blasting. It's a pain in the dick because you have to neutralize the parts properly before refinishing them or your paint will fail quickly. My personal vote would be to blast if the cost is effective. Then again, if you saved a bunch of coin by doing it yourself, there will be plenty leftover for lap dances!

Reactions: SCT
Auto stripper, airplane stripper, boat stripper, Keith stripper videos, super nasty stripper, lap dances, I was reading so fast and the room seemed to spin on it's axis for a moment there. You guys got me good.

its coming back to me, about 25 yrs ago i did use airplane stripper when I refinished a old in-line 150. I had it apart stripping it in a 400 sq ft apartment

The medium blaster guy texted me back and his minimum price is $250!!! I explained my whole project didn't cost $250. (He must be working his way thru medical school....). Interesting concept though: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Js08mbGtFwY

I might try some MEK from work.

I run one of those for work, all for in house stuff (I paint our industrial equipment/trucks/trailers etc). Anyways, we bought one used for 40k. The bigger, faster ones are upwards of 90k.

Anyways, do you have a media blaster local who isn't mobile? They should be able to take care of it for you.

Back