• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Looking for a 21' Pulsare or Pulse

I called Rick's Marine today, they want $37,000.00 CDN ($25,000.00 USD) for the 1997 Pulsare and $49,000.00 CDN ($33,000.00 USD) for the 1996 Convincor. That's insane, and you guys think Pride of Muskoka is expensive. If anyone wants to pay that much, be my guest and go ahead.

Tammy 25, your boat does sound like what I'm looking for, but you are right to far for me, I know Chicago is about 9 hours from here, so you are probably around 12 hours, only guessing.

Thanks anyways!

You should see if JW wants it, he could have two, I know he likes the the red and black stripes.

37 thousand for a 1997? Sorry XSV, but this dealer seems to be over pricing a bit. What are the conditions of the boat to make it this expensive? You can get a new one for around 40!!!!

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!
icon_cool.gif

They did say it wasn't used much and it was like new, but $37K, come on its 6 years old! Good luck selling it!

2003 Pulsare bowrider red with black and white stripes and white interior with black and red stripes and red carpet. Full sunbrella cover, full guages, CMC hydraulic jack plate,matching red C-Hawk single axle drive on trailer. 2003 Mercury 200 HP Carb motor. As close to new as you can get. $25000. I sold my STV last summer and i really regreted selling it so I ordered the Checkmate. My friend never used the STV and i just bought it back.

If you wanted a really nice Pulsare, get Jim's 95 for 15 500 US!! Now that is a great deal for an awesome, clean boat!!!

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!
icon_cool.gif

Hey guys. Just a question. How would you convert JW's $15,500 boat into Canadian funds? I suspect when calculated, you will find that it is between $22,000 and $23,000 CDN! Then add sales tax. It is a 1995. I agree that $37,000 for the 1997 Pulsare at Rick's is a little high but I have seen it live...it is mint. Do you guys seriously think you can buy a brand new Pulsare in Ontario for $40k? Give your heads a shake! Seriously! Even Bayview Rick's Milwaukee Boat Show Pulsare had a ticket price of $35K US if I recall. Do the math on that in Canadian funds. I will run you $50K CDN plus 15% dealer tax for an approximate $57K CDN. I have mentioned before on the forum that a Pulsare would run between $55 to $60K in Canada. If anyone thinks I am out to lunch, price check a new one in Ontario and post the info.

I feel the need for speed!

No one's talking about a new one, this is a 6 year old boat, I don't care how mint it is!!!
It's not worth $37k, there's one in Wisconsin, its a 1997 bowrider with a 2000 225 Promax for $18,900 US, what's that around $28,000-29,000 CDN, that's $8,000-$9,000 less with a 5 newer motor. I'm not disagreeing on the price of a new one, I can't afford a new one, that's why I want a used one. I'd buy JW's anyday, I know it's mint and he takes great care it. No way a 2 year newer one is worth $14K more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chevy Corvette Z06:
37 thousand for a 1997? Sorry XSV, but this dealer seems to be over pricing a bit. What are the conditions of the boat to make it this expensive? You can get a new one for around 40!!!!

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually they are over 50 with a trailer. Brand new that is...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

I think that these boats altogether are way overpriced. Close to 50K is a little much for a 21' boat that can only go in the 70's with the 225. I know the motor is close to 15-20K, but the hull sure as hell not worth 30K! I could believe you XSV, not too many Pulsares out there,, but when you finda good one, its got to be mint. I am still going to take a drive sometime, but I have been busy lately.

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

My rig is: 2000 closed deck Pulsare with 2000 300 Merc Promax, 2000 C-hawk tandem trailer. Some of the extras are: Hydraulic jackplate, Hydraulic steering, Offshore trim, some Gaffrig gauges. I bought it new in April of 2000 for $22,000 U.S. (not including tax.) This was the best package price I could get anywhere in the Midwest. Premier could not even beat that price. The first motor I put on it was a brand new 2000 225 Promax. Found it for $11,500 U.S. So, total package price was $33,500 plus 6% Iowa sales tax = $35,510. Late in 2001, I upgraded to the 300 Promax. So now I have about $38,510 stuck in it. If I would not have rigged it myself, you could probably add another $500-1000 on to that.

Moral of the story: These are not cheap boats once you have it totally rigged. Granted, I went with the best of everything. (The damn trailer was $4500). Even if you go with a 225 EFI, a cheapo trailer, no extras, you're still going to pay around $28,000 for a complete Pulsare rig here in the States. I'm sure more than that now, It's been 3 years since I bought mine, I assume prices rose since then. So, if was to sell it right now, I would have to get at least an offer of $35,000 to even consider. And that's for a 3 year old boat. Crazy!

Have you met up with Chris T. and gone boating? I remember you knew who he was and has similar boats. Your is obviously faster. I'd love to see it man!!!!

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

No I haven't been boating yet. I was out this time last year for a run. We're suppose to get 5-8" snow tonight here in Iowa.

No, I have not been in contact with Chris T. We chatted a couple years ago about our Pulsares. Last I talked to him, he was working on a Hydrostream. Did he keep his Pulsare?

I currently do not have any digital pictures of my boat. I'll take some when I get it out for the spring...might be a while with the way this winter is going.

Malibu, I agree the 1997 is priced too high.
icon_eek.gif
I am not justifying the price but I beleive the engine's foot is not the standard one that comes with a ProMax and it has a beautiful custom trailer. They would have better luck selling in the 30-32K range.

I will keep my eyes out for you. It is not going to be easy to find a Pulsare in Ontario.

Thanks Chris, I am glad you agree with me on the price of a new Pulasre.
thumb.gif

I feel the need for speed!

Z, Checkmate is a very resonable boat when you compare them to the other boats on the market. You really can't beat the price!

Craig, Chris now has a 87 Venus XT with the 225 ProMax. He now runs 95.3 MPH with the 30' ET. He is now looking for a 32 to go faster. He sold the Pulsare to some guy down in the US. He was told a few months ago that the driver blew the OptiMax. No reason why but its strange as the motor was a 99.

Bill, 50K for a 21' Pulsare? I will never pay that much for a new one, thats why I want a good used one. Anyways, all you Ontarians, lets keep our eyes out for some good deals and see who gets them 1st!!!

icon_cool.gif
Z06
icon_cool.gif

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

Why is it strange to blow up a 99 motor, all you have to be is careless and stupid, and there are plenty of us like that out there. From comments you have made before Z on prices of boats, I must say you are a little naive. I don't know the conversion rate, but here in the US, you can get a loaded Pulsare, trailer, and at least a 225 efi for the low 30's. That is a damn good price for what you get. Yes, JW's is a pretty godd price, but the boat and motor is also 8.5 years old and that boat sold new for about 22 grand. That sais alot for the resale value

Back