• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

NC BOATING IN DECEMBER

SCT

It was in the high 60s today on LKN so I thought I would test some props (Thanks Shameless).

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 37
Stopped for a bite to eat and a cold one.

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 43
I saw BigRed out on his sailboat flying his colors......

Attachments

• DSC02728.jpg
    DSC02728.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 47
are you fukn nuts??????? i was in jacksonville for x-mas and 60 down there is still pretty cold!!! i chatted w/ big red while i was there and he said you guys are on the other side of the state otherwise i would have met you both for a cold one! it was in the low 70's last saturday before we left and that was plenty warm for boating! great shots of the boat:bigthumb:

The props were labbed 26' Bravos. They had strange results though......it brought the RPMs up into the power band (6400-6500) but the speed dropped to 86-87ish. The acceleration was awsome though.

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 25
Cruising at 5000 rpm and 70 mph.

Attachments

• Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 28
Heading back in after a great day of boating.....

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 28
You guys should stop bragging about nice weather you'r getting down there.. :pissed:
I'm falling deeper and deeper in depression here.. :brickwall:
Nice pics SCT

The props were labbed 26' Bravos. They had strange results though......it brought the RPMs up into the power band (6400-6500) but the speed dropped to 86-87ish. The acceleration was awsome though.

Hey Shannon, that's because the Bravos were designed mostly for I/O Big block applications and the Bravo Drives. They work very well on heavy, big torque, I/O offshore boats..even better when lab finished. I had very few props outperform the Bravos when I was playing with I/O's.

Oops...here is the boat being put away at the end of the day!

Jup- I'm running stock 28' Bravos now but the RPMs are in the 6100-6200 area w/ the speed right at 89-90 (gps). What I don't understand is the 26s were right in the power band for a 300X but the speed was less.

I'm going to either lab my 28s or buy a pair of Merc choppers. What do you think?

Attachments

• phpAcjgbtPM.jpg
    phpAcjgbtPM.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 30
quote=SCT;454782]Oops...here is the boat being put away at the end of the day!

Jup- I'm running stock 28' Bravos now but the RPMs are in the 6100-6200 area w/ the speed right at 89-90 (gps). What I don't understand is the 26s were right in the power band for a 300X but the speed was less.

I'm going to either lab my 28s or buy a pair of Merc choppers. What do you think?[/quote]

Shannon, Lab the 28's!! Your rpm's will pick up a little and you should see a 2-3 mph top end difference..maybe more. Just be careful when handling the props after being lab finished, specially if Merc does it..they can cut you easily!:eek::yell: The 26's may have been in the powerband but they are pushin less water than the 28's. Lab finishing will make the 28's more efficient! Here's an interesting thought...have you tried counter rotating Trophys??? Maybe in the 27/28 range??? The smaller diameter Trophy will spool up much faster than the Bravo and they've been known to work better on the outboards than Bravos (come to think of it, I'm not sure if they make left hand Trophys)! Things to ponder..If only the wallets had an endless supply of green! lol

Jup- I don't believe Trophys come in counter rotating. I really want to try a nice set of Merc 28' choppers. The low end and mid range will suck but I bet I would gain an easy 2-3 mph.

Back