• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

TIME TO SELL?? POLL!!

What should I do with the Pulse 170??

• Sell the Pulse/Merc and use the Honda for tubing work (have no ski boat)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let the wife have the faster boat! Oh my.......

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As much fun as it would be to limit the power on the honda, (till she found out and then limited your power), deff repower the mate. :surf:

Can't do the I/O checkmate at my lake front. I'm very shallow 125' out from shore, no way I can get an I/O 'Mate onto a boat lift. I had that Persuader listed below that I had to sell when we first bought this place. Outboards only as long as I'm living here

How shallow are you ? My dad has a 2008 22ft four winns i/o with a 320hp 350 in it and our dock goes out 40 ft and we are only waist deep and he gets his boat in and out no problem . The boat isnt a monster but its a whole lot bigger than my Trimate II

l_29fcec552618019d3346fd3c1c532c4d.jpg

I've also had a FourWinns and an I/O Glastron here without problems. The problem is that real performance I/O's are very tail heavy and nose light. Take a look at Big Red's boat, how it sits in the water. Even my 183 Persuader with the smaller 4.3 V6 sat VERY low in the back end.

The more 'modern' or 'generic' styled bottoms of typical family boats (Glastron, FourWinns, Larson, etc.) sit very level at rest, so can go much shallower.

I've also had a FourWinns and an I/O Glastron here without problems. The problem is that real performance I/O's are very tail heavy and nose light. Take a look at Big Red's boat, how it sits in the water. Even my 183 Persuader with the smaller 4.3 V6 sat VERY low in the back end.

The more 'modern' or 'generic' styled bottoms of typical family boats (Glastron, FourWinns, Larson, etc.) sit very level at rest, so can go much shallower.

Yep very true!

Looks like the old repower route is gonna take it......Get out your wallet JW!!!!

And buy (purposely misspelled) the way, I think a 280ROS would be sweet on that boat!!!! LOL

Last edited:
HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....................................

img0410ez1.jpg

img0408ga8.jpg

img0407yk1.jpg

Thanks for the responses so far! You're all helping me to make a decision!!

Last edited:
JW here's the black version of your pulse 170 w/ 200 Merc. :D :poke:

Attachments

• 120_2038.JPG
    120_2038.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 11
  • 121_2158.JPG
    121_2158.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 120_2037.JPG
    120_2037.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 12
Ah yes, and in my original Pulse 171 colors. Love the black/red/white!

I see the factory has spoken :bigthumb:

Thanks for the vote Kip. The factory vote weighs heavy, and counts for triple score in my book!

Almost time to make the final decision!

P.S., I realised the wife's Honda 2-seater does not allow for a ski-tow to be installed. Honda did it on purpose, only the 3-seater has the ski-tow mount area. So one of the poll questions is null and void! Can't pull her around on the tube using her little boat, but nobody vote for that one anyway

Poor lonely boat! Never gets used! Too cold and wet in Michigan to go tubing! :brickwall:

img0417so3.jpg

OH OH~!

I mentioned this poll to the boss/wife today on the way home from lunch :surf:

She says sell the Pulse and get a deck boat! :eyecrazy:

OH MY! I need a late '90's early to early 2000's Checkmate Deckboat outboard model! QUICK! Wait, what? CHECKMATE NEVER MADE AN OUTBOARD CHECKMATE DECK BOAT :yell::yell::yell:

Back