• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

update on my persuader thoughts

plastic1

well guys, I am glad to say it is time for me to eat some crow. I have made other posts about my dissatisfaction with my persuader and the porpoising and further awful ride in lightly rough water. I added 11"x12" tabs this week and got it out this weekend. ran it a few hours Sat. and four or five this morning. the tabs make this boat an absolute pleasure to drive in just about any water. I am happy to say what I like best is with the tabs in I can drive it through the rough stuff at about 35 mph and not mess with the throttle. its a smooth ride as long as you are willing to drive the boat a bit. even with the tabs down to keep the bow down I can still trim the drive minimally and it is enough to get the boat up on the pad and go. like I said its a small boat so it needs to be driven but the tabs make the boat a completely different animal and I think the performance is so much better I cant believe they were not factory installed. maybe the lack of tabs contrubuted to this boat being thirteen years old with 132 hours on it when I bought it. if it is, good for me, cuz I will be keeping it! to make the whole thing even better I found a NEW set of tabs and was able to buy them with shipping for under $250.00, best couple hundred bucks I ever spent!

I've got 8"x12" tabs on the Enforcer, just from running today I don't get the porpoising like I did in the pulse 170 at low speeds.

the tabs on my persuader are 12" x 15"
here are a few pics for you plastic
the pic of the motor is while it was on the dyno
boat 001.jpg

boat 003.jpg

boat 012.jpg

Back