• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

What's the problem?

john lamon

I'm having a hard time getting this Eluder that I just bought set up. problem is I'm seeing my best speed with the jack all the way down and trimmed up all the way, as soon as I start to raise the jack I loose bow lift, it's like I need more trim. For some strange reason the guy that had the boat before had a custom fuel tank made for the front and I'm thinking this might be my problem. Anybody have an idea of what would happen if I moved it to the back? I'm running a 220 EFI with 8inch setback, hydraulic jack and seastar pro steering I've tried about 10 different props and best I've seen is about 58mph. Anyone have an idea of What sould I expect out of this thing? I'd like to get her dialed in before winter but she's starting to get a little frosty here in saskatchewan. I'm afraid Tommarow will be the last trip to the lake with the boat, time to dust off the sleds. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• 09 pics 065.jpg
    09 pics 065.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 09 pics 067.jpg
    09 pics 067.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
you've already figured it out. People move gas tanks to the front to hold the bow down for skiing/tubing/etc. and to get rid of porpoising, but it KILLS top speed. Does the boat still have the aft original fuel tank?
Get the tank out of the bow (and anything else like anchors that add weight) and put the gas and any weight as far aft as possible. Take her out again and let us know how much faster it is :surf:

It doesn't have the original tank anymore so I'll have to get one made...it also has a ski bar that doesn't have the usuall side support bars so instead it's mounted right through the well and bolted to the floor, so behind the seat right where the middle of the tank would be is the ski bar... to make a tank fit in there is going to be a pain in the butt. any one know how big the stock tank would be? gonna go try it today with tank removed and weight in the back.

tried it with just enough gas in the tank so it would run and 3 jerry cans in the back.... 67mph with 25p laser 2 prop at 5800rpm:banana: should see 70 once I get that tank out of there, not so disapointed anymore. I still think to make it right I need a 250 or 300......

Last edited:
Take that ski bar out and go get yourself a ski tripod. With the ski tripod you can install a proper tank in the back. Glad to see your speed gains :D

The guy I bought my boat from moved the tank up front and used the boat for scuba diving??? Why he owned a speed boat I dont know.
When I moved the tank to the back I noticed big speed gains also.

Back