• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1979 Predictor restore!!!!

Ok guys...IM starting the restore on my predicator! New floor as neeeded and paint and carpet and of course loud exhaust :thumb:. Would yall like to have pics posted and updates.... Thanks Rene Here are a couple pre pics....

Attachments

• DSCN0062.jpg
    DSCN0062.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 169
  • My Boat.jpg
    My Boat.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 205
good luck with yours, mine is stalled due to time and money - don't seem to have enough of either right now.

good luck, lots of good advice to get around here, What are you thinking for paint? I kind of like the all red it has now :bigthumb:

you gotta love a red predictor.... good luck with the restoration

normal_Picture_576~0.jpg

wow

Well my cousin talked me into one last ride before winter and the restore..... It was kinda freaking me out that every time I would let off the hot foot I could feel the floor buckle.....there will be no more rides!!!!

Ok... So as soon as I got home from work...seriously,,, I removed the interior and all accessories! Pulled up the carpet and hand ripped up what you see in the pics...:sick:...like I didnt know what I would find!!!! Let the fun begin!!!! I will make the pics bigger if someone will tell me how!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0143.jpg
    DSCN0143.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN0144.jpg
    DSCN0144.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN0145.jpg
    DSCN0145.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 96
The stringer is also wet and rotting.... Im pulling up the floor all the way to the front by the hotfoot...everything seems solid beyond that! How far up does the stringer go? And where is the foam in the predictor...didnt see any! I think I might have seen some in the front?!?!?!?

The stringer is also wet and rotting.... Im pulling up the floor all the way to the front by the hotfoot...everything seems solid beyond that! How far up does the stringer go? And where is the foam in the predictor...didnt see any! I think I might have seen some in the front?!?!?!?

The stringer should go to the bow. The third picture looks like the foam is under the floor.

If you didn't take any foam out yet, then it looks like someone may have done work under the floor before- that foam looks like it ends just aft of your speaker mounts... it should have gone all the way back to the transom.
That thing should look much nicer after it's cleaned out!

Ok...so as luck would have it the rott didnt stop at the foot rest!!! Im gonna have to gut the whole floor out!! The foam is soaking wet and all the wood seems to be rotting under there!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0147.jpg
    DSCN0147.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN0148.jpg
    DSCN0148.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN0149.jpg
    DSCN0149.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 70
Back