• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

First time ever on the water!

keith4216

My boy Caden finally got out on the water! We've been waiting for him to fit a life vest. My wife found one that fit pretty good so away we went. We went on a nice toon ride and he loved it. He made it for about an hour and then pic 3 tells the story. Can't wait till spring to see how he does with the big block rumble!!

Attachments

• caden boating 001.jpg
    caden boating 001.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 42
  • caden boating 002.jpg
    caden boating 002.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 40
  • caden boating 006.jpg
    caden boating 006.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Awesome, very cool, congrats on being able to provide that experience for your son, a few years ago we got a tooner just to take our kids on and they loved it, it's perfect, like a playpen on water, BUT now they prefer to go on the mate, Their 2 and 4 and all they say is faster,faster daddy.

I don't mean to sound cheesy or whatever but I believe us gear heads are in-stiling some great values in our children with our love of boats, I feel sorry for the kids on the block that don't even leave town in the summer and aren't aware of what this boating life is all about, If there is one thing I'm great-full for from my childhood it's that my dad took me boating when ever he could and taught me everything he ever new about boats.

Wasn't trying to sound cheesy on that but still comes off that way,lol.
I don't care, that's how I feel.

PS... by next summer his favorite spot to sleep will be up under the windshield :bigthumb:

John,

Cheesy!!!!! No way!!!! There are very few choices for good FAMILY fun in this day and age. Water sports is something the entire family can enjoy together. Once the kids become teenagers the parents seem to get in the way. After they leave the teen years and become part of the establisment, they rejoin the parents for family fun once again.

Welcome to family boating-It get's better and better!
Our favorite times as a family are boating days in the summer and ski days in the winter.
I have a feeling next summer is going to be a really good one for you guys.

Welcome to family boating-It get's better and better!
Our favorite times as a family are boating days in the summer and ski days in the winter.
I have a feeling next summer is going to be a really good one for you guys.

I think your summer is going to be much better next season.

keith, your son is cute, your gonna have a lot of fun, when my daughter started liking the boat it was awesome, she started liking swimming and not screaming when her life jacket is on. next summer will be great, theres nothing better than spending time with the family on the boat

keith, your son is cute, your gonna have a lot of fun, when my daughter started liking the boat it was awesome, she started liking swimming and not screaming when her life jacket is on. next summer will be great, theres nothing better than spending time with the family on the boat
He's already like a duck! He loves being in the pool. He hates his life jacket cause its still a little to big and all in his face. I figure a few more months till spring and it will fit better. Then he won't mind so much and it will be cool rafting up and letting him swim in the dirty water. lol I see him tubing this time next year. lol Yeah I'm that dad, thinking he'll be doing everything soon. I can't wait for the fun years.

I don't understand this post.
Sorry man. Completely unrelated side conversation. Jim is doing some work on my boat that will probably lighten and tighten it a bit. That's why when I commented on family summer boat time he was saying that my family is probably going to have a good next summer.On the other hand- maybe he was talking about you.
Cause now that your little one is getting out on the water your summers are going to get a serious upgrade.

Very cool! At 3, my son will sit in my lap and drive until he gets tired then he just slides down and crashes on the mattress at my feet! All he talks about it the "green boat" or "his boat"(playmate). Its not so bad in the summer, but come winter, it adds to the winter fever! My daughter on the other hand is more than happy sitting in the back seat and enjoying the ride

Very cool ! When my little buddy was a baby and he needed a nap we would take him out for a boat ride and in about 5 min, he would crawl up under the bow and crash for hours. It gave the wife and I some much needed alone time. Not that "alone" though. :):)

Back