• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

My new Checkmate-2 of them

boatman4021

my new checkmates

Attachments

• cmate rc 051.jpg
    cmate rc 051.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 97
  • cmate rc 052.jpg
    cmate rc 052.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 99
  • cmate rc 053.jpg
    cmate rc 053.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 83
The other one

Attachments

• cmate rc 059.jpg
    cmate rc 059.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 75
  • cmate rc 061.jpg
    cmate rc 061.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 63
  • cmate rc 062.jpg
    cmate rc 062.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 81
a few more

Attachments

• cmate rc 064.jpg
    cmate rc 064.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 64
  • cmate rc 069.jpg
    cmate rc 069.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 57
  • cmate rc 070.jpg
    cmate rc 070.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 46
hey boatman. those are cool toys. do the outboards have electric trim. it probly would not be hard to do with a quarter scale servo and some linkage. where do you order your r/c parts at. i order all mine from tower hobbies or horizion hobby. good luck with your new toys.

I buy alot from tower hobbies, but i have also found a place in NY that is way cheaper on some stuff. I think they are called nitrohobbies? not sure without looking them up. I am building these 2 Checkmates for my step daughters. They won't be speed demon's, but the kids are 9 and 11 so they don't need to be fast, just simple to operate. No electric trim, but it could be done.

I buy alot from tower hobbies, but i have also found a place in NY that is way cheaper on some stuff. I think they are called nitrohobbies? not sure without looking them up. I am building these 2 Checkmates for my step daughters. They won't be speed demon's, but the kids are 9 and 11 so they don't need to be fast, just simple to operate. No electric trim, but it could be done.

keep us posted on the build. if your girls are like my nine yr old boy, they will get tired of playing with them soon.:eyecrazy: i would like to buy one when you are ready to put them on the shelf.:bigthumb: hehehe just playn, but i would really like to own one. where did you purchase the hulls. i just sold all my heli stuf and want to get another r/c boat.

The guy's name is Gordon Downard in Portsmouth, Ohio. The hulls are $150 each which is a bargain. The glass work quality is darn good. He has a couple more ready to go and can do more at any time. His number is 740-858-2777. I took a road trip today to look at them and maybe buy 1. As you can see, I left with 2!:banana:

Those are pretty nice looking hulls, if I thought I would ever use it, I would buy one. I started building a RC boat years ago, still sitting here collecting dust.

Hey boatman....I'm glad everything worked out. Also glad you went to Gordons to pick them up, I didn't even know that he had a red one and purple one.

Last edited:
Very cool! I gotta give him a call and get me one on order, i'm gonna go brushless inboard tho, and change the back up to look more like an I/O. Those hulls look really nice!!

Back