• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Looking for creative Input.

hadleycat

I would like to change up the graphics on my 253. basically eliminate the red and yellow "swoops" and replace them with a red design. I would like to keep the black stripe. I taped white paper over the "swoops" in these pics to help me envision Something. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 61
What color is the interior? I would try to pick something hat didn't clash too much with that. I personally feel that adding different graphics to these boats looks awful. Well at least most I have seen look bad. I think if you keep it simple it will look good.

You could just change the color of the ones you have covered up.

What if you just covered the swoosh with black vinyl and left a portion of the red for some color?

I though about changing my yellow swoosh but not much else goes with purple.

After looking at the pic you posted i would almost say just removing the swoosh that you have covered up and then reconnecting the black one to make it look complete would be pretty sexy in my mind!! But i am a fan of simple graphics...

It will be darn hard to match the existing hull and have it not look like you covered it up. What color is the original swoosh? I think just picking a different accent color for the swoosh would be better. I will do that with mine eventually.

Yeah i like basic graphics nothing too flashy. The boat has a red and a yellow swoosh and a red interior. I have been thinking of just painting the yellow swoosh red or black. it almost looks like a Rainbow boat right now. i want it to look simple and classy.

Attachments

• checkmate 3 007.jpg
    checkmate 3 007.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 40
  • checkmate 3 010.jpg
    checkmate 3 010.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 28
I have the exact same boat as you, but with only 2 colors. If you replace my pink with red, you will know exactly what your boat would look like.

You could even have a red piece of vinyl made to cover it. i know another guy on here with pink like mine did that. I'll see if I can find the link for ya.

attachment.php

I have same graphics as you also....Only with Teal instead of your black, and magenta instead of your red. Yellow is the same. I am eventually going to spray the teal with a candy metallic teal, cover the magenta with heavy flake silver, and the yellow with black.

I have same graphics as you also....Only with Teal instead of your black, and magenta instead of your red. Yellow is the same. I am eventually going to spray the teal with a candy metallic teal, cover the magenta with heavy flake silver, and the yellow with black.

Magenta? Man up man.... its pink!! Say it loud and say it proud!!!

I personally love my pink and am planning on repainting the boat with "old school" Checkmate graphics someday. And I will keep the pink!!

Buy a roll of black vinyl, make a template and cut it out. I think it would look good if you just covered the yellow.

I helped cover a whole boat in vinyl before. We changed out the colors from teal and pink to orange and black. It turned out well. Yours would be simple to do with just that small stripe.

With just the black showing and then imagining the two sections connected, I am seeing a modern looking mid 50's corvette "side cove". Close up the space where the paper is and make it black, follow the same design with a thinner red cove line and then same lines with large metallic silver on the inside. All three colors similar to what you have now only smaller.

ie.:
Corvette-59-023_zps6e0e8b30.jpg

I think you need a bright color to go along with the black...red, bright blue, you could also fill in the area thats white(small space ft and behind) with a carbon fibre or a silver/gray pattern and would come out different...buy to me needs colors with the black...Rob

Buy a roll of black vinyl, make a template and cut it out. I think it would look good if you just covered the yellow.

I helped cover a whole boat in vinyl before. We changed out the colors from teal and pink to orange and black. It turned out well. Yours would be simple to do with just that small stripe.

I was thinking exact same thing. That would look good if you are wanting fewer colors. I kinda like it as is though lol.

wow guys hit my shops facebook page Down N Dirty Auto Worx in Wilmington nc we do a lot of custom paint. stickers ummmm no. DuPont still makes a single stage that's grate and start light you wont need a primer wait till the 3rd coat to cover it all. every color and you pick the shape. I love a wow paint job and there much easyer than it used to be. if your going to do it make it yours dare to be different. no one says wow that's a really average iboat ya got. small details can add a lot of wow and sem makes reasonably priced accents as well. hit your local image monster or Google custom paint live the dream boo.

I would like to change up the graphics on my 253. basically eliminate the red and yellow "swoops" and replace them with a red design. I would like to keep the black stripe. I taped white paper over the "swoops" in these pics to help me envision Something. Any ideas?

I noticed your in Michigan. There is a place near my home town called Cutting Edge Graphics. They are located on M-21 in Ovid, MI and they do everything from full boat wraps to window tinting. Not sure on pricing but I am sure they could do a decal that could go over what you have in any color you want.

Here is their website:
http://edgewraps.com/archives/tag/cutting-edge-graphics

Back