• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Thinking About Going back to 1 Boat...

JUPITER PULSARE

After 4+ joyous years of running a Harley Davidson dealership and working reasonable hours with plenty of time off, I'm back in the auto business running the finance department for an Audi store with limited time off since November:(. Owning and maintaining two boats seems to be getting harder and harder lately, especially when your the kind of person (like me) that's always tinkering and changing setups..My wife LOVES our Pulsare 2400 Bowrider/Verado 300 Pro which leaves me with the dilemma to sell or keep my beloved Checkmate 2800SX Outboard:shakehead:! I'm taking the 2800 out this Sunday for an all day joy ride. Everything is finished and the boat is running strong with the 3.0L Mercs, which makes it an even harder decision. With roughly only 6 days off a month I need to maximize my time off and not be constantly maintaining stuff or turning wrenches. I have enough to maintain as it is including 1.25 acres of property. I barely have enough time for my other hobbies including surfing (when there's waves), guitar playing, riding the Harley, etc. Ugh....:confused:

hear you on too many things to maintain and working too much, I am trying to get down to daily driver cars, a reliable 19' center console for day to day use (live on a canal), and one performance boat to play with.

the 2800 will sell easier IMO - post here first!

Last edited:
Exactly how I have been feeling . Too much going on and want to get back to a simpler life. Switching things up this summer and spending more time relaxing up north. I would have a hard time selling the 2800 if I were in your boat. Love the ride of the larger rigs . As long as you still get on the water all is good .:surf::surf:

Yeah.... I know the feeling. Too many projects, too little time. I keep telling myself: Simplify, simplify, simplify. But the reality is: Complicate, complicate, complicate...

I'm waist deep in my Harley:

20170301_131501_zpsc5nwafnl.jpg

Still haven't assembled my Warn 8274 winch:

20160521_123158_zpsbubdjgpu.jpg

Pioneering kit for the CJ5 is still unfinished:

20170304_124503_zpsbxtrw6tk.jpg

And with spring rapidly approach, it's only going to snowball.

Yeah, I need to simplify my life too. Or retire (again), and have more time to do some real work...

Yeah.... I know the feeling. Too many projects, too little time. I keep telling myself: Simplify, simplify, simplify. But the reality is: Complicate, complicate, complicate...

I'm waist deep in my Harley:

20170301_131501_zpsc5nwafnl.jpg

Still haven't assembled my Warn 8274 winch:

20160521_123158_zpsbubdjgpu.jpg

Pioneering kit for the CJ5 is still unfinished:

20170304_124503_zpsbxtrw6tk.jpg

And with spring rapidly approach, it's only going to snowball.

Yeah, I need to simplify my life too. Or retire (again), and have more time to do some real work...

Thankfully, my Harley is the one thing that I don't have to turn wrenches on. I just need more time to ride...which goes back to my original post of simplifying life by going back to one boat.. Based upon my picture below, my life has turned upside down!! lol

Attachments

• IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
You know what they say about a man with two watches, :confused: He's never sure what time it is, while a man with one watch always is.

I really wish I was in a different financial situation right now!
One thing is for certain - I'd have a few to join me on the roadtrip! :cheers:

GLWS Jup - have enjoyed the build and performance updates throughout.

I really wish I was in a different financial situation right now!
One thing is for certain - I'd have a few to join me on the roadtrip! :cheers:

GLWS Jup - have enjoyed the build and performance updates throughout.

Check out the pics in post #10. They came out good for a cell phone camera!

Back