• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1998 Convincor sport fuel leak

Bullas

Hi all!

Yesterday when I was at the ramp preparing it for the water I noticed that it smelled like fuel in the engine compartment.. Crawled down there and I saw that there were fuel at the back of the tank, on top of it.

I did have a look with a really small camera and I could not find any leak. Could it have corroded? Or could it be a crack in a weld?

Anyway, the sensible thing to do in this situation must be to replace the tank.
I have a carpet over the floor so I don't know there are some inspection hatches? Or do I need to cut the floor open to be able to reach the tank?

Are there someone who has changed a tank in a 242 Convincor? Any advice?

I am going to call checkmate and see if the can provide me with a new fuel tank.

Thankful for all advice I can get!

Regards
Andreas

tank repair

I have repaired many tanks, What I have found is all I have replaced that have been stored outdoors rain has got in down around the aluminum tank and sat there. This causes corrosion over a period of time if it does not dry out. This may not been the case with yours but I would look around the sender for a bad seal and fittings to the tank for leaks.
Does it leak when only full or all the time?
Tank replacement could mean cutting open your floor on some boats and would need fiberglass and Gel coat repairs that are worthy of the original floor.
Its not a good feeling to have to cut open your cherry floor for a fuel tank.

Back