• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2003 Pulsare 1600br Power Advise

Moosey61

So this just happened this weekend, my baby was stolen! I had brought it in from the lake to have a couple fiberglass bumps fixed up and someone stole it and took my ole reliable 125hp 2+2(some hate them, I loved it). I have recovered the hull and wondering what anyone else has put on for power? It use to push close to 60mph. I was really almost looking at selling to get a 2100br. Ive always loved my boat but wanted a bit more GOGO! Kinda leaning on a 175 ProXS.

That would be a lot of motor for that hull but if you want a rocketship go for it. Anything bigger would be way too heavy. Even at the 431# you would likely not want more than 4" setback. I have 6" setback with a 340# Yamaha 130 and it is perfectly balanced.

We had a 250 ProXs on a 17 foot VmateII with 10 inches of setback and had absolutely no issues, the boat ran 90 MPH and handled great with 10 inches of setback, And the Vmate II weighs in around 800 pounds dry.
I would think the 1600br could easily handle the 175 ProXs. The 1850br runs about 68 MPH with a 175 ProXs.

Hmmm. Isn't a V8 Johnson not much more weight than a 250.

I am thinking twin 175 pro XS on that 1600 :drool:

Honestly any 125 - 200ish would be fine just watch the weight on the back end. I know any of the 3.0 blocks at 505# are alot for anything less than 20ft. the 175 should get you to low mid 70's

Any of you guys have a suggestions for a high speed prop on a Vmate II With 200 merc 2.5 xri with a 6” set back jack plate

Back