• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

350 MAG Upgrades?

SCT

Are there any easy bolt on upgrades to a late 90s era 350 MAG to upgrade the hp? I'm guessing a good light exhaust system is the first step. Intake? Heads? Did they ever make a pro charger for a small block?
Also, were they 270 or 300 hp? I've read both numbers.

Thanks-:thumb:

I will be following this thread.
According to the Mercruiser Manual from 2000 the 350 is 250hp, 350 w/ EFI is 260hp and the 350 MAG is 300hp.

A lot of people get really good results by switching to Vortec heads, cam, intake, carb and exhaust.

And technically a LS will "bolt" in.... LOL.

I had a 1989 350 MAG which was rated 270hp. Was a carb engine. The owner I sold the boat to added a pro-charger but never did know the final results. What is your goal for performance gains?

PA, so they do make Pro chargers for SBs?
I'm thinking my next boat will be a clean 218 Persuader w- a small block and captains choice exhaust. The wife wants a ski boat but I want a little more power than a stock 350 to zip around in......probably a 350+ hp reliable motor.
Sounds like heads, intake, carb will be the route to go.
How much $$$?

Does it have an Alpha or Bravo outdrive? Alpha drive can't handle much over 300hp I have heard from others in the past. What year is your engine and is it carb or EFI? I would contact https://www.procharger.com/ and start researching there first. That sounds like a 10K project! If I was doing it I would have found a boat with a BBC/Bravo combo. Or find someone removing a BBC/Bravo from another who is upgrading to more power. I'm others will give suggestions...

Back