• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate water testing

That is a beautiful Check, --- I must say I'm even somewhat impressed with the sound of that 300 strap on.
I'm generally a car mota guy, but D'ayem that hanger sounds pretty bad azz.

Notice how stable and even keeled that hull stays while putt'ing back to the trailer, -- very nice.

Reactions: jjg
This looks like the same reservoir in Bucyrus that Dean and I used to test drive my 1600BR in May when I took delivery. Got dirty looks from the fisherman. Dean told me we weren't supposed to be blasting around on it. No wake reservoir or something. Needless to say, the test drive was quick... :bounce:

I wonder what he meant by "is it any better"?

We tested a 4blade 25p trophy then a 25p tempest. Trophy was better of the two. When mother nature cooperates I have a 23 tempest I plan on trying. Was barely turning 6000 with the 25 tempest so the 23 should get me close to start.
I was planning on going out tomorrow supposed to be 68 here but blowing 20-30, so that planned mission is scrubbed.

We tested a 4blade 25p trophy then a 25p tempest. Trophy was better of the two. When mother nature cooperates I have a 23 tempest I plan on trying. Was barely turning 6000 with the 25 tempest so the 23 should get me close to start.
I was planning on going out tomorrow supposed to be 68 here but blowing 20-30, so that planned mission is scrubbed.

I know we have different setups but from everything i have read the bottoms are similar. Of the props i have ran i have found a Bravo 1 to be the best all around an so far still the fastest. The only issue i have with it is where it ran the fastest was high enough that i was having water pressure issues and had to be careful or it would purpose real bad. But you might have enough power to overcome some of that and i think the mercs have a little better gear case that the vmax does.

Sweet looking boat! Curious to see the top speed with the 300 Verado. I really like the feature of digital controls of the Verado vs. cables etc. for the Optis.

Reactions: jjg
I know we have different setups but from everything i have read the bottoms are similar. Of the props i have ran i have found a Bravo 1 to be the best all around an so far still the fastest. The only issue i have with it is where it ran the fastest was high enough that i was having water pressure issues and had to be careful or it would purpose real bad. But you might have enough power to overcome some of that and i think the mercs have a little better gear case that the vmax does.

A 24 bravo is on its way !! I will have bblades work it once I get some numbers from it. They told me I should see around 75+. Currently getting 73 with my 23 tempest. We will have 60's down here next week !!:bounce:

Sweet looking boat! Curious to see the top speed with the 300 Verado. I really like the feature of digital controls of the Verado vs. cables etc. for the Optis.

Thanks !!! The dts will spoil you !! I wouldnt go back to cables.

Back