• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Current Caldwell Checkmate production

The blocks are not sand cast, they are high pressure die cast. Mercury has some of the highest pressure die cast machines you can buy.
Ok, My bad. They changed the casting process. my point is still valid. It is still a cast block. It will still have variances or they would not have to machine certain surfaces. The weight is still going to vary by up to several pounds on the same part.

No different than boat manufacturers weighing their OB models with just the basic deck and hull (no interior/very little rigging) to get the official model ‘weight’.

No different than boat manufacturers weighing their OB models with just the basic deck and hull (no interior/very little rigging) to get the official model ‘weight’.
Exactly. Just a way to twist the specs around to make your product look better. A good example is trailering capacity for pickup trucks. To get the maximum trailering capacity, you have to buy the Regular cab 2WD model without any options except required trailering equipment. If you buy the crew cab 4WD model, you have reduced the trailering capacity by the difference in the weight of the trucks. That is because no matter what model or options you have, the Gross Combination weight rating stays the same, and cannot be exceeded. I learned this in a training course direct from GM when I was selling Silverado's at a Chevy dealership 20 years ago.

Ok, My bad. They changed the casting process. my point is still valid. It is still a cast block. It will still have variances or they would not have to machine certain surfaces. The weight is still going to vary by up to several pounds on the same part.
With high pressure die casting the process is quite accurate in order to minimize wasted material. The parts wont vary by more that a few ounces plus or minus definitely not pounds of material.

I just spoke with Pete Caldwell. He said they are going to get the 2100 mold out of storage now. I’m sure they are putting it through the quality checks process and updating it slightly. But they will begin production on the backordered 2100s shortly. Pete said they are updating the upholstery, changing the windshield a bit, and including a GPS with the new boats as well.

I just spoke with Pete Caldwell. He said they are going to get the 2100 mold out of storage now. I’m sure they are putting it through the quality checks process and updating it slightly. But they will begin production on the backordered 2100s shortly. Pete said they are updating the upholstery, changing the windshield a bit, and including a GPS with the new boats as well.
Ask Pete if he is giving a discount for the in gel graphics delete and the piss poor fit & finish quality.

Back