• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Engine room redo

whoever thought it was a good idea to put carpet in the engine room gets a "F" nasty after a few years...
Yep! And with one of the two bilge side vents being open, well any water that runs in runs down the carpet.....It isn't even that comfy to lay against when doing rigging...haha.

That really came out awesome.
Must be the season for engine compartment stuff.
Right now I'm just taking a lunch break from being inside mine all morning, I really thought I was gonna get away with just a good cleaning and bleaching but now I find you and Ron going all extreme make over on the engine room stuff, ------- so I guess I'll go look for that old carpet cutter and start prepping for paint :shakehead:

Everything looks great. I have been wanting a polished cover lettered up similar to yours for a while. I wish we were closer Id get the works , a facelift on my graphics and lighting to. :thumb:

EZ,

Did you tint your Rustoleum with a little yellow to match the hull? I have two coats of Gloss White on mine and there is quite a difference between that and the color of my fiberglass. I'm thinking of doing a third coat and tinting it a bit.

0603142123a_zpsjgsggsgn.jpg

0603142122_zpsvvxx5wfx.jpg

EZ,

Did you tint your Rustoleum with a little yellow to match the hull? I have two coats of Gloss White on mine and there is quite a difference between that and the color of my fiberglass. I'm thinking of doing a third coat and tinting it a bit.

Great question, I havn't painted yet but I'm thinking of only painting the floors in my compartment and was wondering how to deal with the white color mismatch, {and the black drip/splash graphics}

GF let us know what you decide to do regarding maybe mixing a little yellow with the white.

Back