• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

I think a 3rd grader wired my boat

ontherocks83

I've always said that just because you can hammer a nail into a piece of wood, doesn't make you a carpenter. So why do people that obviously have zero electrical skill try re-wiring their boat? :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

So I obviously have started diving into some of the electrical problems on the boat I just bought and I am starting to see why some of those problems exist. Half the fuse panel has been bypassed and is not in use, there are accessories wired in that aren't fused. Tons of new wires ran that are in bad locations and are zip tied loosely just to keep the wire from drooping and not even to secure them properly. And my biggest pet pieve is there is not one heat shrink wiring connector used on any of the "repairs" the original owner did.

Ok so finally to my questions if you've stuck with me through my rant. :bigthumb:

1: Is it possible to get a factory wiring diagram/schematic for a 1989 Strobe 201?

2: If I decide to get really ambitious. Can you order a new wiring harness from Checkmate? I almost want to go this route if I can get one, just so I know things are back the way they are supposed to be. But i'll refrain for now and try not to make a decision out of frustration:)

I think the biggest problem is sourcing the wires with the correct colors. I can only get wires in 4-5 colors locally, and nothing with a stripe. Typically when I do a electrical repair, I try to follow the wiring guide colors, but I don't feel like ordering a large spool of wire just to get 2-3 feet of a color I need. Some company should make a boat wiring kit with all the different color wires you need to rewire a boat.

http://www.ezacdc.com/

These guys should be able to set you up with everything you need.

Just checked out that website. It looks great! I'm definitely going to have to spend some time searching through the site. The site I've used so far and have been very happy with is http://www.genuinedealz.com/ I think between the 2 I should be good with supplies. I would still love to have a schematic but am thinking that just might not happen:irked:

Wiring diagram

Just purchased an 83 enticer. Can't make any sense of the wiring as most of the original has been cut/spliced or isn't being used. I've never dealt with the wiring junction box is the rear of this boat before either. Does anyone have the wiring schematic? I've got the color codes. Thanks!

had to deal with a few of those myself, ripped all out and got several rolls of colored wire and did one circut at a time..

Back