• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Just picked this up but more questions than answers

Chevy57

good morning,
First post. I just bought this little Checkmate (or so I think). Title says 1978 Checkmate model unknown. Do you guys know what model I have? I have always wanted a little rocket ship and this one is surprisingly solid for a 78. It has a 115 HP evinrude on it. I haven’t tried to start it. Looks like the wiring harness has been cut into several times so I want to check things out prior to powering it up. I would like to start with what it is? Then where can I get information on what it should be. I don’t know if the motor is original to the boat but can pull serial numbers. I think I’m going to get it cleaned up and go for a rip.

Hmm sorry about that I thought I attached the pictures. I’m sure they will help identify it. Predictor Maybe? Hill ID is CHK12605M78E

Attachments

• 95E55287-1875-41DD-BCE8-B388BF80B2B7.jpeg
    95E55287-1875-41DD-BCE8-B388BF80B2B7.jpeg
    799 KB · Views: 26
I haven’t been able to determine the model of the boat, but it appears that the 115 evinrude motor may be original to the boat. It’s a 1977 according tonthe serial number and it was sold as part of a package. It looks like the Checkmate Predictor came with a 115hp motor. I don’t really care if it’s the original motor, but I think it’s pretty cool if it did. It has a CMC trim tilt transom plate (not sure what it’s called) that looks like it’s newer than the boat. View attachment 89361View attachment 89363

Back