• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Kip, A Question For U...

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Jim mentioned in his article for Scream, that you guys produce older model boats from time to time.

I was wondering what the smallest checkmate you produced is? I know the playmates were fairly small. Is it possible to still get one produced? I think it would be really cool to have a small mate, especially if it could be rigged with a modern curved low profile windshield. Can it be done?

We sold the molds for the Playmate years ago.They were built as F-13 by Fantasy Boats it think for a few years...then Pleasure Marine bought them have no idea where they are now! Up until a few years ago we still had quite a few molds still around hear....we got rig of most of them a few years back ..no room to store them...so we crushed them at the landfill!

How are the "checkmate" letters put on the sides of the boats. Are they decals?
The old tri-mate 2 could you a set. Everyone that see's the boat can't belive its a checkmate.

rooster_3.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+

175....they are decals...we still have some colors even for older models...contact my brother(Mike)@419-562-3881 he can let you know your options.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kip Combs:
We sold the molds for the Playmate years ago.They were built as F-13 by Fantasy Boats it think for a few years...then Pleasure Marine bought them have no idea where they are now! Up until a few years ago we still had quite a few molds still around hear....we got rig of most of them a few years back ..no room to store them...so we crushed them at the landfill!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Ahh well...

Saweeeettttt! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I gotta get me one of those!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

Out the door with a 40 hp motor, fully rigged turn key. Anyone know???

Actually, I'd really like to know priced with a 75 hp and glass added to the transom to cope with the extra stress......

[This message was edited by JW on December 23, 2002 at 07:31 PM.]

My 60 Merc with power trim would look good on that! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster

That is one he!! of a boat man. Those graphics are sweet. Any info one it? Price, HP, Location? Now thats I boat I really like!

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

icon_smile.gif
I found these pictures of some of those F13 boats. They look pretty sweet with their custom graphics. I have e-mailed the pics to Chris for him to put up...

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

You mean these ones?
icon_biggrin.gif

F15.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster

F14.jpg

Webmaster

F13.jpg

Webmaster

thumb.gif
Yeah, those are the ones... PLEASE E-MAIL ME IF YOU COME ACROSS ONE IN CANADA!!
icon_mad.gif

Thanks

Back