• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New member and new to boating with 1978 mate!

Wildman78

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and new to the boating community. I live in Ny and just recently purchased my 1st boat and it is a 1978 checkmate. I do not know what the model it so i sent the HIN to checkmate and they tell me it is a skimate II but it looks identical to a enchanter w/o the windshiend. It's just about 20 feet long and has a 200hp blackmax outboard. Any hel would be greatly appreciated. When the weather clears up here in ny i'll be sure to post some pics for you all

Welcome to the board and congrats on the new boat. There are a ton of fun and mates are built to last.

welcome.gif

Congrats on the new boat. We love to see pictures here. Check out the Showroom. The 1978 Brochure is in there. See if you spot your mate.

welcome.gif

Welcome to the board and to our addiction. You're gonna love the boat and enjoy the board, there is sooooo much knowledge on here you wont believe it.
icon_cool.gif

Thanx for all the warm welcomes everyone. I fliped threw the 78 section and a few other sections but havent seem to come across one. Does anyone have any pics of one they can post that I can compare to?

Hi 78 and
welcome.gif
on board. Get some pics posted so we can check it out. Look at the 1986 boats in the showroom and you will see the modern style 20'1"Skimate rated for max 200 hp. I think the older style skimate can be found in the 1976 showroom but it's not the 20' it's the 16'3" skimate. If you look at the last page of 1976 showroom you will see a few boats lined up along a beach. The first boat in the line is a blue and silver old school Skimate, cool boat
thumb.gif

Back