• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New member: Jan Peters from the Netherlands

Jan_Peters

Hi folks, my name is Jan Peters, and I received my Checkmate Pule 211 from 1992 last Saturday, and have to get to know the sailing behavior now.
The boat is in pretty good condition, but has some aging proof ;-)
The engine is a '2000 Mercury 235 HP V6 2 stroke, with lots of power. From our house we sail about 15' to the nearest lock and are only allowed 8 k/hrs.
Merc is not complaining but prefers higher rpm's...other then that I am very happy with it.

Things we need to fix:

- radio/casette (!) player fixed or changed by one that supports Apple Car Play.
- Rear seat is worn out and need to get new fabric
- There are two lichts underneath in the boats front, where do you normally switch them on?
- Bilge pomp does not seem to work (anyone know where to look for fuses?
- One of the clocks night light is not working, anybody know how to fix that?

Thanks, and nice to get to know some of you!

Jan.

IMG_1462.jpeg

First welcome to the forum and nice boat, it has to be pretty hard to find a Checkmate over there.

Fuses are usually either near the switch under the dash or near the battery.

Hi Karzrus, I didn't look for a Checkmate specifically but suddenly it was there, and caught my eye.
The fuses seem to be good, I did found them, thanks. Will investigate further soon. Cheers!

Back