• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Paint

Rcenter1

What is the best paint to use in the engine compartment before I re install the new Slingblade power plant. As many of you know I have some glass work to do where the motor mounts sit, it has pulled and cracked slightly from the wood, I want to repaint it all white when I am done including the back of my bench seat. Best brand and savings? Also best place to buy online? A link would be great.

What is the best paint to use in the engine compartment before I re install the new Slingblade power plant. As many of you know I have some glass work to do where the motor mounts sit, it has pulled and cracked slightly from the wood, I want to repaint it all white when I am done including the back of my bench seat. Best brand and savings? Also best place to buy online? A link would be great.

You can either roll bilge kote or gel coat in the engine compartment, real easy to do. The links: http://www.jamestowndistributors.co...duct.do?pid=119&familyName=Interlux+Bilgekote
http://www.jamestowndistributors.co...milyName=TotalBoat+White+and+Neutral+Gelcoats

Rob, I never used Bilge Kote. What is the difference between the two?

Anything better with one over the other?

The rustoleum industrial stuff is really nice for that! Its good for places no sun get to.has no uv protection unless you coat it with a top coat of some sort. I get it from MSC.dont think you can buy less than a gallon of paint,gallon of hardner and if you spray it a gallon of thinner.A great product.Im going to paint my boat trailer with it.

Rob, I never used Bilge Kote. What is the difference between the two?

Anything better with one over the other?

I'm not sure to be honest. I've used the bilge kote on the Enforcer with excellent results. I would assume the gel coat is much tougher. I'll look into that.

Back