• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Reputable Boat Painter Needed

mragu

I understand all the laws of "supply and demand". I have had 5 boats restored over the last 10 years or so. :) Post, Superstorm Sandy, several local glass shops have more work than they can handle and their timeframes and sometimes pricing are reflective of it. Looking for a reputable and reasonable fiberglass shop to fare, prime, paint and install a rubrail on my 26 Wellcraft Center Console. I would like the entire boat done in all White Imron and will have completed all prep work. I am located on Long Island and have a good trailer and truck to transport boat to a shop within 300-350 miles. Can any one suggest a shop. I have a very good price from a shop in south Florida who is reputable. Would like someone a little closer. Thanks in advance, Mike :surf:

I bring my boat to Maryland Offshore here in the DC area. I've seen some incredible paint work come out of there shop.

If you don't mind hauling to Mass, I've had a couple of boats {including my Checkmate} worked on at Manchester Marine.
They won't give you the cheapest price but they are one of the best in the country for paint / gel / superstructure resto / etc...
If you call them, ask for Adam or Bones, tell them I sent you and you might even get a free beer cozie :D

www.manchestermarine.com

V2013.jpg

Back