• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Spiderwebbing fiberglass and chips on hull

Nuke

Hi all, I’ve got a super clean 253 convincor that looks to be well taken care of. When waxing the hull I noticed some spiderwebbing that I didn’t notice before on the bow below the waterline. Yesterday on the trailer I noticed a quarter size chip down to the black missing on the port bow.
I do not rag on the boat and I’m wondering how big of a problem I have here. Thanks

Sounds like it could be stone damage from trailering. If you have aggressive tires that can hold stones and then release them at highway speed it can do damage. Rock Tammers can save a lot of hull damage If this is the cause. Quarter sized seams substantial however. Have it looked at by a professional and see if you need to repair the gel coat. Especially anything below the waterline.

Back