• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

The big 242 project.

cooperider

Finally I think I can get back on building the boat. It got to where I couldn't afford to heat the shop so I just shut it down for the season. So this week in the home shop I'll crack open that bucket of resin again and get back to work on the 170.
But, I've had several people interested in the big boat and since I have the shop space, and the temps are getting good. Monday I moved the deck mold for the 242 into the big shop, and maybe the rest will get moved over this weekend.
Not ready to build this big guy yet, but she's got weeks of prep work to get it ready. This is the one that I'll have some helpers coming in.

But first, let me take a selfie.

attachment.php

That's the way it was yesterday Coop. I'll give you a break since its only been 1 day. OHHHHH that's the same picture you sent me yesterday.

The 242 is still around the shop, but more importantly the rest of the molds are on their way to where I can get at them.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20190811_163349[1].jpg
    20190811_163349[1].jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 20190811_135300[1].jpg
    20190811_135300[1].jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 133
Oke as the newby I've read several threads here including you bidding on playmate/fantasy/paradise/st martin molds.

Are these those, or a different miniboat? I'd really be interested in a another mini if you turn one out, or even just turn out all the pieces, I can do final. I restore old vettes for a hobby, as well as old jetskis so fiberglass and marine mechanical no worries :rof:-Eric

Oke as the newby I've read several threads here including you bidding on playmate/fantasy/paradise/st martin molds.

Are these those, or a different miniboat? I'd really be interested in a another mini if you turn one out, or even just turn out all the pieces, I can do final. I restore old vettes for a hobby, as well as old jetskis so fiberglass and marine mechanical no worries :rof:-Eric

These are all different boats. I did get the mini boat molds you were mentioning, but they have been nothing but problems. I've built about 5 of them so far, and I am going to hold off on building any more until I can get those issues taken care of. I do have a new mini boat in the works, plus boats out of these bigger molds. When I get farther along on the new mini I will post it up.

thanks! Yeh I'd really like to get another mini, doesn't need to be the playmste GT clone. I'm into small cool looking and quick :). Two person about a 270 lb capacity for people.

Back