• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Thoughts on 21BR and 253

Dwilpat

Guys (and gals)... I need some input on a thought. I currently have an 2008 21BR Pulsare with a 225... boat and motor has 165+- hours... Spotless and as near to perfect as an 11 yo boat can be. Ive been talking to a guy with a 1996 253 Convincor with a 502 Mag EFI with 260 hours... boat also appears to be as clean as a 23 yo boat can be. SO... the BIG QUESTION... we are considering a straight up trade. I want to get back into a deep VEE (do the the waters I run) and he is looking to downsize. Any thoughts on the trade? NADA may be a bit higher on mine, but I believe we are fairly even considering.

I think you are in the same ball park price wise. But there are always a lot of 253's for sale and not many 2100br's.
I'd want the 253 inspected if I was buying no matter how good it looks.

Back