• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Transom plate

justonemore

Two questions.
1994 pulse 170.
My boat has a stainless steel transom plate about 3/16 thick. Is this something the factory installed? All the boats i have ever owned have never come with a plate.

And. The 7 piece windshield was glass in the 3 center pieces and plexi for the side an curved pieces. Did the factory ever use glass windshields?
Reason I ask is the glass fitment was horrible. I replaced it all with plastic.

I can't answer for the 170 Pulse, but I have a 2020 Pulsar 2400 long deck. I asked the factory to install the BRX windshield (not the closed long deck windshield) so I could access the front deck and anchor locker. All the straight glass in the windsheild of mine is real glass (3 pieces at the front and the 2 side pieces). The curved piece on each side is plexiglass, so it sounds like Checkmate was still doing that as of late. I have no complaints about the glass fitment on mine, but a different style boat.

Checkmate used Taylor Made Inc. for windshields for many years, not sure about the 1990's. These are high quality so someone or something happened to yours if it is a Taylor. The plastic will hold up for a while but not as long as the glass,you can always replace it as needed

My 2020 Pulsare 2400 has a Taylor windshield as well. Coperider checked the cost if you buy that windshield from Taylor and told me it was over $4000!!

there's a little sticker on the curved section that says Campbell from Texas.
I replaced the 3 center sections with tinted plexi-glass. The glass that was in there was flat and did not fit very well.
There is a little bit of a curve in these and i can't believe the factory would do that.

Back