• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Vision 1991 220 BR

tom

I have a Vision 1991 22' BR with 320 EFI 350. On it there is an alpha ss. Does anyone out there have one or know much about them? Is the engine reliable? What prop do you use? Any help and knowledge would be appreciatied.

I have a Vision 1991 22' BR with 320 EFI 350. On it there is an alpha ss. Does anyone out there have one or know much about them? Is the engine reliable? What prop do you use? Any help and knowledge would be appreciatied.

Hi Tom! Welcome to the board. I'm no expert on this boat, that's for sure. I'm only posting because I'm surprised to see an EFI motor in that old of a boat? Is it stock or a new engine?

1995 2100BR/1995 225 Promax/23" Tempest

Welcome to the board Tom. If you have a couple of pictures and want them displayed, email them to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

Yes... We'd all like to see pics. Why don't you e-mail me your boat/prop/motor/top speed/GPS-Speedo, to Chris.Ellard9@sympatico.ca as I am already adding one right now...

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

Thank you, JW. It is an original motor, 320HP, multi-port injection, MERCURY high perf, made engine 1987-1987.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JW:
Hi Tom! Welcome to the board. I'm no expert on this boat, that's for sure. I'm only posting because I'm surprised to see an EFI motor in that old of a boat? Is it stock or a new engine?

1995 2100BR/1995 225 Promax/23" Tempest<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got your e-mail Tom, but I don't post the images, thats up to Chris as he owns the site... Sorry for the mix-up. Chris, check the e-mail

Checkmates may not be the fastest boats on the water, but they are the nicest looking!

Yea! I want to see the pictures to! JW, I remember those back then, they are pretty rare. Not a lot of them sold because of the cost. The alpha drive was kind of weak for that motor, some broke. Should have put the Bravo on that rig for the power.

I am the one who knows all!

Tom,
That engine ran well and the alpha ss is hard to come bye these days.The ss drive is A great drive I had tryed to find one for the vison I had with no luck.The ss is faster then A stock Alpha due to it is shorter.
Dave

It is not necessarily that theone drive is faster than the other, the regular Alpha can show the same number with a slightly higher X dimension.

I have a 1988 22 Vision with the s/s drive. I have a 24 pitch Spinelli prop with a Pro built 500hp small block. The best overall prop I used was a ss 23 pitch.

Sounds like a cool boat.The EFI is definetly the "wave" of the future.I think EFI motors last longer,no problems with floats or chokes sticking, nice starting, etc.. The s/s drive is durable,be gentle out of the hole and use a good quality gear lude and you should be okay.
thumb.gif
They're a pain to hook up a hose to though!
icon_mad.gif

Nothing beats the good old carb for "playing with the motor. YEs, the EFI starts easier, but with todays fuels, there is the potential for just as many problems and the efi problems are more expensive to fix. Don't get me wrong, I would not own a carb motor now for what I do with the boat, I have been an efi fan in boats since the early to mid 90's

Back