• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Westwind?

Anybody know if a 1973 Westwind XR16 is a splash.....I have a powerboat magazine article with one running a V6 Mercury top speed 94 MPH..........might be an interesting formula to apply to an MX15 or MX16..............

Here's some info sent by Don:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Scan 140010000.jpg
    Scan 140010000.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Scan 140010001.jpg
    Scan 140010001.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 136
Not wanting to thread drift, but this has caught my eye because my boat back in Ireland is a 1973 "Avenger 16" that has always been called West Wind since my grandfather bought it in the late 70's.

WestWind_Moored1.jpg

I went to see it today (in Ireland for last 2 weeks) and decided this is the year I'm shipping it out to the US to do a complete restoration. Breaks my heart to see it just sitting there.

Anyway - back to this piece of history on the Checkmate clone......

that is a 1971 checkmate mx15 deck. they made those for one year and one year only. baja made a pop off of it and so did cobra, and maybe some other people as well. many checkmate pop offs out there. there is a 71 mx15 sitting just down the street from me, rotting away

Back